Re: Grails reverse engineering plugin no longer works

Re: Grails reverse engineering plugin no longer works

steve f
Nearly a year later and I am faced with the same error. Did anything come of this? Thanks! Would love to use this plugin.

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 3:16:08 PM UTC-7, raydawg2000 wrote:
With the latest versions of Grails/GORM the dbReverseEngineer plugin no longer works.  I have used this plugin many times in the past without issue, but after upgrading to 3.2.8 it fails to run.  There have been users posting on the issues forum on Github but there seems to be no activity so I am not sure if that project is dead or not.  Do you know if there are any plans for updates to that project?

I tried creating a new project and running the sample from the plugin Tutorial docs and it still fails with Grails 3.2.8.

:compileJava NO-SOURCE
:compileGroovy UP-TO-DATE
:buildProperties UP-TO-DATE
:processResources
:classes
:findMainClass
:dbReverseEngineer
Starting database reverse engineering, connecting to 'jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/reveng' as 'reveng' ...
Command execution error: org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Lorg/hibernate/service/ServiceRegistry;)Lorg/hibernate/cfg/Settings;
:dbReverseEngineer FAILED

It would be great to get this plugin back up and running as its extremely helpful and saves time.

Please let me know if you need anymore information.
Thanks
-Ray