Re: bcrypt plugin

Seymour Cakes
Hi guys,

I created a simple and easy to use bcrypt plugin for my projects, and thought some of you guys may find it useful. I haven't publish this plugin yet for fear it may not be useful -- so if you think this plugin is useful then I will go ahead and publish it.

You can get download the package and source here -- https://github.com/seymores/grails-bcrypt

Quick usage:

// inject bcrypt service
def bcryptService

bcrypt.hashPassword("some secret")

// or via encodeAsBycrypt()
"some secret".encodeAsBcrypt()

// to check password
bcryptService.checkPassword(secret, savedHashed)

Cheers,
sey

sey

Re: bcrypt plugin

burtbeckwith
Definitely - it is way more secure than the other standard approaches.

FYI if you're using the spring-security-core plugin it's already a feature, so no need to also use this.

Burt

Jean Barmash 1 wrote
I think it would be useful.  In fact, somebody was just mentioning (in
light of the all linkedin breach), that there are some good functions in
the bcrypt library.

Jean

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Seymour Cakes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I created a simple and easy to use bcrypt plugin for my projects, and
> thought some of you guys may find it useful. I haven't publish this plugin
> yet for fear it may not be useful -- so if you think this plugin is useful
> then I will go ahead and publish it.
>
> You can get download the package and source here --
> https://github.com/seymores/grails-bcrypt
>

> Quick usage:
>
> // inject bcrypt service
> def bcryptService
>
> bcrypt.hashPassword("some secret")
>
> // or via encodeAsBycrypt()
> "some secret".encodeAsBcrypt()
>
> // to check password
> bcryptService.checkPassword(secret, savedHashed)
>

> Cheers,
> sey

Re: bcrypt plugin

Seymour Cakes