Reading messages from external configuration file

Reading messages from external configuration file

umajava
Hi,

I am trying to read properties defined in external configuration file. I have configured Config.groovy file to read the file.

grails.config.locations = ["file:/ap/ac/test_config.properties",
                                                        "file:/ap/ac/text.properties"]

Question:
I have few properties messages defined in messages.properties file and I am able to read them using g:message in my GSP page. I have few properties messages defined in external_messages.properties file and I am using the same method as g:message to read the property but this does not work.

Am I missing something here?

Re: Reading messages from external configuration file

umajava
Any help please?

Re: Reading messages from external configuration file

Octavian Covalschi
I'm not an expert, but as far I understand external config files are not messages, but actual configs, like Config.groovy... that you can access through grailsApplication.config and not messages...

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM, umajava <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any help please?