Reloading non-source files from grails-app/conf

Reloading non-source files from grails-app/conf

Thomas Micheline
Hi!

I've built a simple service that pulls named SQL queries out of files in grails-app/conf/sql.  It works fine but the copies of the files under ~/.grails/2.1.1/projects/<app name>/resources don't get updated when the original files are saved.  While developing, I either have to manually copy new versions into .grails or restart grails.  Is there anyway to accomplish this?  Moving the files to another directory or changing some configuration?

I'm on grails 2.1.1.

Thanks,

tom

Re: Reloading non-source files from grails-app/conf

Nathan Wells
Well, I would put them in src/sql, but that's probably not going to make things magically work for you... I know that you can configure "watchedResources" in a plugin, as documented here:

but couldn't find how to make that work in an application, rather than a plugin. So, you can define a plugin with watchedResources for your chosen directory, and that should work. Or you can do more research on how to do this as a one-off in your application.

Hope this helps.

Nathan Wells