Resource Plugin - CSS Sprites

Jeff Beck
Is there anyone currently working on a CSS sprites plugin to work with
the resources plugin?

If there isn't I would like to start building one from what I can tell
that is the last part missing from being able to replace the UI
performance plugin with the resource plugin family.

 From the minification plugin that just came out there seems to be some
naming conventions expected, is the pattern expected to be
libraryname-sprites-resources?

Jeff

Re: Resource Plugin - CSS Sprites

pledbrook
> Is there anyone currently working on a CSS sprites plugin to work with the
> resources plugin?

You can probably take that as a no :)

> If there isn't I would like to start building one from what I can tell that
> is the last part missing from being able to replace the UI performance
> plugin with the resource plugin family.
>
> From the minification plugin that just came out there seems to be some
> naming conventions expected, is the pattern expected to be
> libraryname-sprites-resources?

Seems reasonable. Or 'sprites-resources' if you get there first ;)

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate

Re: Resource Plugin - CSS Sprites

lucastex
On the "naming strategy", Marc commented on a thread about this asking people to provide the implementation used in the plugin name.

something like yui-minified-resources or otherLibUsedToMinify-minified-resources.

Perhaps this approach may be used to css sprites to.

[]s,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Peter Ledbrook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anyone currently working on a CSS sprites plugin to work with the
> resources plugin?

You can probably take that as a no :)

> If there isn't I would like to start building one from what I can tell that
> is the last part missing from being able to replace the UI performance
> plugin with the resource plugin family.
>
> From the minification plugin that just came out there seems to be some
> naming conventions expected, is the pattern expected to be
> libraryname-sprites-resources?

Seems reasonable. Or 'sprites-resources' if you get there first ;)

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate

Re: Resource Plugin - CSS Sprites

Colin Harrington
Jeff and I are working on this plugin and have something basic working.  We have been calling it 'smart-sprite-resources' so far but were toying with calling it 'css-smart-sprite-resources'.  Any preferences or other suggestions?

Colin Harrington
[hidden email]

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Lucas F. A. Teixeira <[hidden email]> wrote:
On the "naming strategy", Marc commented on a thread about this asking people to provide the implementation used in the plugin name.

something like yui-minified-resources or otherLibUsedToMinify-minified-resources.

Perhaps this approach may be used to css sprites to.

[]s,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Peter Ledbrook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anyone currently working on a CSS sprites plugin to work with the
> resources plugin?

You can probably take that as a no :)

> If there isn't I would like to start building one from what I can tell that
> is the last part missing from being able to replace the UI performance
> plugin with the resource plugin family.
>
> From the minification plugin that just came out there seems to be some
> naming conventions expected, is the pattern expected to be
> libraryname-sprites-resources?

Seems reasonable. Or 'sprites-resources' if you get there first ;)

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate

Re: Resource Plugin - CSS Sprites

Marc Palmer Local

On 14 Sep 2011, at 03:21, Colin Harrington wrote:

> Jeff and I are working on this plugin and have something basic working.  We have been calling it 'smart-sprite-resources' so far but were toying with calling it 'css-smart-sprite-resources'.  Any preferences or other suggestions?

Shorter the better.

But who really cares as long as it rocks!

Looking forward to trying it out. Intrigued!

Marc

~ ~ ~
Marc Palmer
Freelancer (Grails/Groovy/Java)

Founder @ http://noticelocal.com | Developer @ http://weceem.org
Member @ http://spottymushroom.com | Contributor @ http://grails.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/wangjammer5 | Resumé: http://www.anyware.co.uk/marc/
Blog: http://www.anyware.co.uk | Grails Rocks: http://www.grailsrocks.com

Re: Resource Plugin - CSS Sprites

Rob Meidal
How's the work coming on this Smart Sprite plugin? I am really interested in using it.

Is this where the code is being hosted?

- Rob

On Sep 13, 2011, at 8:21 PM, Colin Harrington wrote:

Jeff and I are working on this plugin and have something basic working.  We have been calling it 'smart-sprite-resources' so far but were toying with calling it 'css-smart-sprite-resources'.  Any preferences or other suggestions?

Colin Harrington
[hidden email]

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Lucas F. A. Teixeira <[hidden email]> wrote:
On the "naming strategy", Marc commented on a thread about this asking people to provide the implementation used in the plugin name.

something like yui-minified-resources or otherLibUsedToMinify-minified-resources.

Perhaps this approach may be used to css sprites to.

[]s,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Peter Ledbrook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anyone currently working on a CSS sprites plugin to work with the
> resources plugin?

You can probably take that as a no :)

> If there isn't I would like to start building one from what I can tell that
> is the last part missing from being able to replace the UI performance
> plugin with the resource plugin family.
>
> From the minification plugin that just came out there seems to be some
> naming conventions expected, is the pattern expected to be
> libraryname-sprites-resources?

Seems reasonable. Or 'sprites-resources' if you get there first ;)

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate

Re: Resource Plugin - CSS Sprites

Jeff Beck
That is were the code is, we have it working in the basic case I'm still testing it a bit. I also emailed you directly about testing.

Jeff

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Rob Meidal <[hidden email]> wrote:
How's the work coming on this Smart Sprite plugin? I am really interested in using it.

Is this where the code is being hosted?

- Rob

On Sep 13, 2011, at 8:21 PM, Colin Harrington wrote:

Jeff and I are working on this plugin and have something basic working.  We have been calling it 'smart-sprite-resources' so far but were toying with calling it 'css-smart-sprite-resources'.  Any preferences or other suggestions?

Colin Harrington
[hidden email]

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Lucas F. A. Teixeira <[hidden email]> wrote:
On the "naming strategy", Marc commented on a thread about this asking people to provide the implementation used in the plugin name.

something like yui-minified-resources or otherLibUsedToMinify-minified-resources.

Perhaps this approach may be used to css sprites to.

[]s,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Peter Ledbrook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anyone currently working on a CSS sprites plugin to work with the
> resources plugin?

You can probably take that as a no :)

> If there isn't I would like to start building one from what I can tell that
> is the last part missing from being able to replace the UI performance
> plugin with the resource plugin family.
>
> From the minification plugin that just came out there seems to be some
> naming conventions expected, is the pattern expected to be
> libraryname-sprites-resources?

Seems reasonable. Or 'sprites-resources' if you get there first ;)

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate