Quantcast

Resource plugin conflicts with ZK

Chanwit Kaewkasi
Hi all,

I have a small problem that the Resource plugin prevents me somehow to
access to the /images directory.

The situation is that:

1. When the Resource plugin is installed, but not ZK, everything works
fine. Images can be accessed via /static/images.
2. When the ZK plugin is installed, but not Resource, everything works
fine. Images can be accessed via /images.
3. When both are installed, images cannot be accessed via both path.

I am thinking that it's about the order of servlet filters declared in
the Web.xml. Is there any hint to correct this order?
I am testing on the 18-November build-snapshot.

Cheers,

Chanwit

--
Chanwit Kaewkasi
code.google.com/p/zkgrails

Re: Resource plugin conflicts with ZK

Chanwit Kaewkasi
Another trial-and-error found that when I comment this line out in the
Grails's config.

// grails.resources.adhoc.patterns = ['/images/*', '/css/*', '/js/*',
'/plugins/*']

The app is now working fine. That is, the ZK plugin can now refer to
/static/images/* served by the Resource plugin.
But I totally do not understand this behaviour. Hopefully, anyone can
help explain what's going on behind the scene. So I can fix the real
problem.
To my knowledge, I think both /static/images (declared resources) and
/images (adhoc resources) should be working similarly.
I am still guessing that it's broken because the order of the filters anyway.

Cheers,

Chanwit

--
Chanwit Kaewkasi
code.google.com/p/zkgrails
twitter.com/chanwit

Re: Resource plugin conflicts with ZK

pledbrook
> To my knowledge, I think both /static/images (declared resources) and
> /images (adhoc resources) should be working similarly.
> I am still guessing that it's broken because the order of the filters anyway.

Adhoc resources are moved under /static, but if ZK is hard-coded to
look at /images rather than /static/images then it will break. I'm not
familiar with ZK so can't offer any more help I'm afraid.

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate

Re: Resource plugin conflicts with ZK

Chanwit Kaewkasi
Thank you, Peter.
I do not clearly understand how it works at the moment, but the
workaround is like you said. I changed /images to /static/images and
it's working.

Cheers,

Chanwit

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 17:59, Peter Ledbrook <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> To my knowledge, I think both /static/images (declared resources) and
>> /images (adhoc resources) should be working similarly.
>> I am still guessing that it's broken because the order of the filters anyway.
>
> Adhoc resources are moved under /static, but if ZK is hard-coded to
> look at /images rather than /static/images then it will break. I'm not
> familiar with ZK so can't offer any more help I'm afraid.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Ledbrook
> Grails Advocate
> SpringSource - A Division of VMware

Chanwit Kaewkasi
code.google.com/p/zkgrails
twitter.com/chanwit

Re: Resource plugin conflicts with ZK

Chanwit Kaewkasi
Just realised that a declared resource needs to be triggered via its
tag lib to correctly process.
I finally found the way to solving this by tweaking the ZK taglib to
wrap around the Resource taglib.

Cheers,

Chanwit

--