Quantcast

RichUI accordion menu caption

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RichUI accordion menu caption

gayatribhade
Hi Guys,

I am having some trouble with the caption for the accordion item, it seems.
I'm trying to have links in the accordion items.

here's what i'm trying to do:

 <richui:accordion style="width: 500px;">
        <g:each in="${menuLinks}">
        <richui:accordionItem caption="${it.getKey()}">
          <g:link controller="${it.getKey()}" action="index">${it.getValue()}</g:link>
        </richui:accordionItem>
        </g:each>
    </richui:accordion>

and it fails giving me this error:
ERROR richui.AccordionTagLib  - de.andreasschmitt.richui.taglib.renderer.RenderException: Error rendering with attrs: [caption: controller]

I did copy the GRAILSPLUGINS-377 patch as suggested on http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS-377 .. with the same result.


please tell me what am i doing wrong?
Thanks,
Gayatri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RichUI accordion menu caption

Andreas Schmitt
Hi Gayatri,

I will have a look.

Best regards,
Andreas

2010/10/8 gayatribhade <[hidden email]>:

>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am having some trouble with the caption for the accordion item, it seems.
> I'm trying to have links in the accordion items.
>
> here's what i'm trying to do:
>
>  <richui:accordion style="width: 500px;">
>        <g:each in="${menuLinks}">
>        <richui:accordionItem caption="${it.getKey()}">
>          <g:link controller="${it.getKey()}"
> action="index">${it.getValue()}</g:link>
>        </richui:accordionItem>
>        </g:each>
>    </richui:accordion>
>
> and it fails giving me this error:
> ERROR richui.AccordionTagLib  -
> de.andreasschmitt.richui.taglib.renderer.RenderException: Error rendering
> with attrs: [caption: controller]
>
> I did copy the GRAILSPLUGINS-377 patch as suggested on
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS-377 .. with the same result.
>
>
> please tell me what am i doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> Gayatri
> --
> View this message in context: http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/RichUI-accordion-menu-caption-tp2968638p2968638.html
> Sent from the Grails - user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RichUI accordion menu caption

gayatribhade
Thanks Andreas,

Just FYI, I am trying to use tabview, portlet and accordion in the same GSP file.

Just today, while re-starting my efforts, i tried the example given on the plugins portal - it failed with the same errors:

ERROR richui.AccordionTagLib  - de.andreasschmitt.richui.taglib.renderer.RenderException: Error rendering with attrs: [id:1, caption:Sample 1]
ERROR richui.AccordionTagLib  - de.andreasschmitt.richui.taglib.renderer.RenderException: Error rendering with attrs: [caption:Sample 2]
ERROR richui.AccordionTagLib  - de.andreasschmitt.richui.taglib.renderer.RenderException: Error rendering with attrs: [caption:Sample 3]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RichUI accordion menu caption

Andreas Schmitt
Hi Gayatri,

I couldn't reproduce the error you are experiencing. Could you please
change the following parts in de.andreasschmitt.richui.AccordionTagLib
from

        def accordion = {attrs, body ->
                                               
                //Render output
                try {
                        out << accordionRenderer.renderTag(attrs, body)
                }
                catch(RenderException e){
                                log.error(e)
                }
        }
       
        def accordionItem = {attrs, body ->
       
                //Render output
                try {
                        out << accordionItemRenderer.renderTag(attrs, body)
                }
                catch(RenderException e){
                                log.error(e)
                }
        }

to, to track this further down:

        def accordion = {attrs, body ->
                                               
                //Render output
                //try {
                        out << accordionRenderer.renderTag(attrs, body)
                //}
                //catch(RenderException e){
                // log.error(e)
                //}
        }
       
        def accordionItem = {attrs, body ->
       
                //Render output
                //try {
                        out << accordionItemRenderer.renderTag(attrs, body)
                //}
                //catch(RenderException e){
                // log.error(e)
                //}
        }

Then try to run it again, it should give a more speaking exception.
Which version of RichUI and Grails are you using?

Best regards,
Andreas

2010/10/9 gayatribhade <[hidden email]>:

>
> Thanks Andreas,
>
> Just FYI, I am trying to use tabview, portlet and accordion in the same GSP
> file.
>
> Just today, while re-starting my efforts, i tried the example given on the
> plugins portal - it failed with the same errors:
>
> ERROR richui.AccordionTagLib  -
> de.andreasschmitt.richui.taglib.renderer.RenderException: Error rendering
> with attrs: [id:1, caption:Sample 1]
> ERROR richui.AccordionTagLib  -
> de.andreasschmitt.richui.taglib.renderer.RenderException: Error rendering
> with attrs: [caption:Sample 2]
> ERROR richui.AccordionTagLib  -
> de.andreasschmitt.richui.taglib.renderer.RenderException: Error rendering
> with attrs: [caption:Sample 3]
> --
> View this message in context: http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/RichUI-accordion-menu-caption-tp2968638p2969737.html
> Sent from the Grails - user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RichUI accordion menu caption

gayatribhade
Thanks Andreas,

I tried your suggestion and it showed me the root cause as a null pointer exception elsewhere in my code.
I have successfully resolved it and I can see the menu now :)

Just a suggestion it would be great if we can group multiple accordion items - its the next step that I am trying (I am happy with what is now anyway :) )

Thanks,
Gayatri
Loading...