Scaffolding Plugin Error

Jonathan Putney
Testing out 2.3.0.RC1 and wondering if anyone else is seeing this same issue.

| Error Compilation error: startup failed:
Compile error during compilation with javac.
/Users/putneyj/grails-apps/ntms/target/work/plugins/scaffolding-2.0.0.RC1/src/java/org/codehaus/groovy/grails/scaffolding/view/ScaffoldedGroovyPageView.java:82: error: cannot find symbol
                request.setAttribute(GrailsLayoutDecoratorMapper.RENDERING_VIEW, Boolean.TRUE);
                       ^
  symbol:   method setAttribute(String,Boolean)
  location: variable request of type HttpServletRequest

I keep receiving that error every time I try to run or compile the app.

Re: Scaffolding Plugin Error

burtbeckwith
That's a weird one, ServletRequest.setAttribute(String, Object) is a valid (and very old) method. You must have a plugin that's contributing something funky - does the output of dependency-report show an unusual version of the servlet API jar?

If you can reproduce in a small test application please run "grails bug-report" and and attach that zip to a JIRA issue at http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPSCAFFOLD

Burt

Jonathan Putney wrote
Testing out 2.3.0.RC1 and wondering if anyone else is seeing this same issue.

| Error Compilation error: startup failed:
Compile error during compilation with javac.
/Users/putneyj/grails-apps/ntms/target/work/plugins/scaffolding-2.0.0.RC1/src/java/org/codehaus/groovy/grails/scaffolding/view/ScaffoldedGroovyPageView.java:82: error: cannot find symbol
                request.setAttribute(GrailsLayoutDecoratorMapper.RENDERING_VIEW, Boolean.TRUE);
                       ^
  symbol:   method setAttribute(String,Boolean)
  location: variable request of type HttpServletRequest

I keep receiving that error every time I try to run or compile the app.

Re: Scaffolding Plugin Error

jzwolak
I got this exact error and resolved it by removing

compile ":scaffolding:2.0.1"

from BuildConfig.groovy

Re: Scaffolding Plugin Error

jzwolak
Ok, so removing the scaffolding plugin maybe isn't the best idea... so after some more research and experimenting... I discovered that the version in the scaffold plugin was the wrong version. I'm upgrading a 2.3.7 grails app to 2.5.6.

Perhaps your versions are incorrect, too. I discovered the correct version by creating a new grails app and inspecting BuildConfig.groovy.

Re: Scaffolding Plugin Error

tommyhulk
Many thanks for sharing this very diverse opinion post where each expert has no doubt shared his best knowledge on the topic. Have more success in your journey.
bloxorz