Scaffolding plugin not installing templates

Scaffolding plugin not installing templates

Chris Malan
The scaffolding 3.2.0 as downloaded from the Bintray site does not contain either the templates or scripts used in install-templates and subsequent generate-views and generate-all.  The only templates installed come from https://github.com/grails3-plugins/scaffolding/tree/master/src/main/templates/scaffolding.  Changing the branch between master and bintray on the same page one can find all the gsp templates and scripts.

Does the scaffolding plugin download the templates on install-templates?  Is there anything one can do to make it like it was with Grails 2.5.x?  I want to change mainly the gsp templates so generated gsp pages are a bit different from those provided by Grails.  To do it after generation is just not on.

I must be missing something.  I've spend great parts of the last two days on this.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Scaffolding plugin not installing templates

Ronny Løvtangen
Wasted a few hours on this myself. See https://github.com/grails3-plugins/scaffolding/issues/16
In the meantime you can downgrade to 3.1.3

Ronny

On 09 Feb 2016, at 16:35, Chris Malan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that, Ronny.  The templates do indeed install. They are not in the plugin.  I downloaded 3.1.3 and had a look.   Wonder where they come from?  However, with Grails 3.1.1 generate-all and generate-views ignore these templates completely.  Which Grails version are you using?  Grails 3.0.9 generates edit.gsp and create.gsp from the installed templates and then says: Error occurred running Grails CLI: No such property: params for class: groovy.lang.Binding

The whole Grails thing is very flaky. Oh for a robust framework where things are not released unless they work completely.

Chris

Wasted a few hours on this myself. See https://github.com/grails3-plugins/scaffolding/issues/16
In the meantime you can downgrade to 3.1.3

Re: Scaffolding plugin not installing templates

Chris Malan
My bad.  I forgot to escape a $. Now everything works with Grails 3.0.9 and Scaffolding 3.1.3.

The scaffolding 3.2.0 as downloaded from the Bintray site does not contain either the templates or scripts used in install-templates and subsequent generate-views and generate-all.  The only templates installed come from <a href="https://github.com/grails3-plugins/scaffolding/tree/master/src/main/templates/scaffolding" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fgrails3-plugins%2Fscaffolding%2Ftree%2Fmaster%2Fsrc%2Fmain%2Ftemplates%2Fscaffolding\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFeFzjzS2JzlL3Q9u-thGf8X4Xhtw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fgrails3-plugins%2Fscaffolding%2Ftree%2Fmaster%2Fsrc%2Fmain%2Ftemplates%2Fscaffolding\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNFeFzjzS2JzlL3Q9u-thGf8X4Xhtw&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/grails3-plugins/scaffolding/tree/master/src/main/templates/scaffolding.  Changing the branch between master and bintray on the same page one can find all the gsp templates and scripts.