Separation of persistency in Grails

calathus
Hi,
I'm interested in how much Grails can be used in different persistency approach.
For instance, if I want to use xmdb(like eXist) for persistency, I don't need OR mapping, domain model, scaffolding.
But I would want to use GSP, taglibs,, control  + view association mechanism, maybe some AJAX related things etc. It will be  Grails minus persistency.
Would it be possible to cleanly separate CV from M in Grails?
(I want to avoid including hibernate.jar in this configuration. I don't know about spring. spring may be used for control?)