Services do not work

Stephan.Schmidt
Hi,

after trying services in my controller I get the following:

[org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [SvnService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$11bcc109] to required type [SvnService] for property 'svnService']}] for exception

in:

   [script] HandlerExceptionResolver returned ModelAndView [ModelAndView: reference to view with name 'error'; model is {exception=org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.errors.GrailsWrappedRuntimeException: Error creating bean with name 'RepoController' defined in resource loaded through InputStream: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptionsException: PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested propertyAccessExceptions are: [org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [SvnService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$11bcc109] to required type [SvnService] for property 'svnService']}] for exception
   [script] Handler execution resulted in exception - forwarding to resolved error view
   [script] org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'RepoController' defined in resource loaded through InputStream: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptionsException: PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested propertyAccessExceptions are: [org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [SvnService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$11bcc109] to required type [SvnService] for property 'svnService']
   [script] PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors)
   [script] org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [SvnService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$11bcc109] to required type [SvnService] for property 'svnService'
   [script]     at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.doTypeConversionIfNecessary(BeanWrapperImpl.java:839)

Any ideas how to solve that?
thanks
bye
-stephan

Re: Services do not work

graemer
Did you modify the server at runtime? This tends to happen if you
modify a service at runtime. Unfortunately services are not reloadable
when the 'transactional' property is set to true because of the way
dynamic proxies are generated

Graeme

On 3/20/06, Stephan.Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after trying services in my controller I get the following:
>
> [org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property
> value of type [SvnService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$11bcc109] to required type
> [SvnService] for property 'svnService']}] for exception
>
> in:
>
>    [script] HandlerExceptionResolver returned ModelAndView [ModelAndView:
> reference to view with name 'error'; model is
> {exception=org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.errors.GrailsWrappedRuntimeException:
> Error creating bean with name 'RepoController' defined in resource loaded
> through InputStream: Error setting property values; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptionsException:
> PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested
> propertyAccessExceptions are:
> [org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property
> value of type [SvnService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$11bcc109] to required type
> [SvnService] for property 'svnService']}] for exception
>    [script] Handler execution resulted in exception - forwarding to resolved
> error view
>    [script] org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
> creating bean with name 'RepoController' defined in resource loaded through
> InputStream: Error setting property values; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptionsException:
> PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested
> propertyAccessExceptions are:
> [org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property
> value of type [SvnService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$11bcc109] to required type
> [SvnService] for property 'svnService']
>    [script] PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors)
>    [script] org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to
> convert property value of type [SvnService$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$11bcc109] to
> required type [SvnService] for property 'svnService'
>    [script]     at
> org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.doTypeConversionIfNecessary(BeanWrapperImpl.java:839)
>
> Any ideas how to solve that?
> thanks
> bye
> -stephan
> Sent from the grails - user forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Services do not work

Stephan.Schmidt
Thanks Graeme,

that seems to be the cause of my troubles

bye
-stephan