Slingshot SQL DSL

Guillaume Laforge-2
Hi,

Came across a new post on the Slinshot developer's blog.
He's mentionning his SQL DSL:

http://jroller.com/page/ie?entry=not_every_project_needs_hibernate
https://slingshot.dev.java.net/one%20minute/SlingshotSQL.html

I like how Groovy allows us to write such mini-languages :-)

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Slingshot SQL DSL

graemer
Cool, thats an interesting approach, I'll speak to John and maybe we
can integrate SlingShot SQL into Grails (it depends on its
relationship to DynaModel clearly)

Graeme

On 26/02/06, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Came across a new post on the Slinshot developer's blog.
> He's mentionning his SQL DSL:
>
> http://jroller.com/page/ie?entry=not_every_project_needs_hibernate
> https://slingshot.dev.java.net/one%20minute/SlingshotSQL.html
>
> I like how Groovy allows us to write such mini-languages :-)
>
> --
> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: Slingshot SQL DSL

John McClean
Should be able to just plug and play - just write come code to handle setting up the evaluation of the closure (plug in an Expression - Select, Insert, Delete, Where etc) and to call the formatter after evaluation and of you go.. The original code is Java 5.0 though..

DSLs are Groovy's secret weapon ;-)