Spring Security SAML 2.0 support

George Smith
Are there any plans to get SAML 2.0 supported by Spring in a Grails PlugIn?

Re: Spring Security SAML 2.0 support

jpearlin
There is an existing plugin that is under sort of active development:  http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-saml.  That being said, it is not difficult to take the existing Spring Security SAML project (http://projects.spring.io/spring-security-saml/) and plugin-ify it, depending on your needs.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 2:42 PM, George Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are there any plans to get SAML 2.0 supported by Spring in a Grails PlugIn?

Re: Spring Security SAML 2.0 support

George Smith
jpearlin wrote
There is an existing plugin that is under sort of active development:
http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-saml.
I don't consider 11 months of no activity "sort of active"

Re: Spring Security SAML 2.0 support

Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal

I originally created the plugin several years ago. Then Marco Vermeulen, Feroz Panwaskar, Aaron Zirbes and Jeff Beck started to contribute, and they managed to update it and release the latest versions.

The main problem was that all of our work were based on Spring Security SAML (http://projects.spring.io/spring-security-saml/), something that never got a stable release nor decent documentation (now has something, but not in 2011).

Seems to me that all the people involved on this plugin development had a requirement to integrate with SAML at their jobs (at least that was my case), but I didn't notice more users. And at the end of the day this is open source: the more people using and contributing, the better.

I may need to integrate again with a SAML provider, so I will see if I can contribute again.

Cheers,
Alvaro.

On 20 February 2014 13:34, Jonathan Pearlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is an existing plugin that is under sort of active development:  http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-saml.  That being said, it is not difficult to take the existing Spring Security SAML project (http://projects.spring.io/spring-security-saml/) and plugin-ify it, depending on your needs.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 2:42 PM, George Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are there any plans to get SAML 2.0 supported by Spring in a Grails PlugIn?

Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal
[hidden email]
twitter.com/alvaro_sanchez

Re: Spring Security SAML 2.0 support

rajpk
Hi Alvaro,

My team have enhanced SAML 1.0.0 M20 to work with spring-security-core grails plugin 2.0 RC5(that uses spring-security 3.2.7). We would like to contribute that back SAML grails plugin.

Can you please let me know how can I do that ?

Regards
Raj