Quantcast

Staging/WEB-INF/web.xml could not be found

Staging/WEB-INF/web.xml could not be found

bmuni
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Staging/WEB-INF/web.xml could not be found

pexatus
Beaumont Muni wrote
Hi, I am running into a strange error after implementing a war of my grails application in IntelliJ. Not sure if anyone has seen this, but now everytime I try to run my application from within INtelliJ 7.0.3, I get an error: Error: Compiling Grails Application 'myleadwizard':Deployment item 'C:/sandbox/myleadwizard/staging/WEB-INF/web.xml' could not be found. I have tried to clear the output and even the war file to run the application again from intelliJ and I still get the same error. I have tried to do a complete search in path of any residue of the web.xml file located in any staging directory, but the staging directory does not exist, because I think after the war process, the staging directory is cleared out. So this sounds like some definition somewhere with regards to creating the war ... still lingering. Any ideas? thanks beaumont
I have this same error. Everything works from the command line, but not from Intellij. Furthermore, if I revert back to previous versions of Intellij project files (such as *.iws) in which the compilation worked, the problem remains. Therefore I don't know what change could have caused this error. If I get it I will post back here, but for now I am just doing everything from the command line. If you solved this in the meantime, please post a solution. Dave

Re: Staging/WEB-INF/web.xml could not be found

pexatus
I figured out the cause of this in my project. For some reason (I don't know what), once when I started Intellij, it asked me if I would like to add a newly detected "facet". I clicked through, and it resulted in some XML being written to my project .iml file that specified the need for a staging/WEB-INF/web.xml.

Click on Settings->Project Settings->Modules, and find the facet (listed in the second pane from the left) that is referencing this nonexistent xml file, and remove that facet. This fixed my error.'

Dave

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 11:40 AM, pexatus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Beaumont Muni wrote:
[...]

Sent from the grails - user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
Dave