Status of Multi-Tenant Plugins & Compatibility with 2.X

Status of Multi-Tenant Plugins & Compatibility with 2.X

Jean Barmash 1
Hello,

I am wondering about the status of MT Plugins, more specifically single-database plugins.

I know there was some chatter about updating it, and saw that there are a bunch of related work on github here - https://github.com/multi-tenant

However, would like some clarity if any of them are being used in production, or what would the best one to pick up for evaluation / extension with a 2.X stack.

Thanks,

Jean

Re: Status of Multi-Tenant Plugins & Compatibility with 2.X

gatherer
Same thing here, we've got a project stuck at 1.3.X because of this Multitenant uncertainty.

Re: Status of Multi-Tenant Plugins & Compatibility with 2.X

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
There is some info in this issue suggesting the plugins are already
2.0.x compatible:

https://github.com/multi-tenant/grails-multi-tenant-single-db/issues/10

However you have to build from source

Cheers

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:23 PM, gatherer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Same thing here, we've got a project stuck at 1.3.X because of this
> Multitenant uncertainty.

http://www.springsource.com

Re: Status of Multi-Tenant Plugins & Compatibility with 2.X

basejump (Josh)
I did some work on https://github.com/multi-tenant/grails-multi-tenant-single-db/commits/master to get things square away with 2.0.4
All tests are passing there.
I am currently working on getting a production project going on an extension of multi-tenant-single-db that is a multi-tenant-multi-db (or db-per-tenant).

Re: Status of Multi-Tenant Plugins & Compatibility with 2.X

alxndrsn
On 12 July 2012 04:43, Josh (basejump) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I did some work on https://github.com/multi-tenant/grails-multi-tenant-single-db/commits/master to get things square away with 2.0.4
> All tests are passing there.
> I am currently working on getting a production project going on an extension of multi-tenant-single-db that is a multi-tenant-multi-db (or db-per-tenant).

So... is there a version of multi-tenant-core which is compatible with
grails 2.x yet?  Or multi-tenant-xxx?

Re: Status of Multi-Tenant Plugins & Compatibility with 2.X

ls67
Hi,

I'm new with Grails and try to write a multi-tenant single db application using Grails 2.1.0.
I installed this plugin 0.8.2 and it seems to work. But I have a problem with the tenant filter
during the authentification. In my solution first the tenant will be evaluated. In the second
step this tenant is an additional filter for the user. The user are unique for the tenant, not
for the application. The user is marked with @MultiTenant.
But the login fails because the call of DomainTenantResolver.resolve(HttpServletRequest request)
occurs after the returning from the authenticate method. The employee will be selected
before this method was called.
What must I change? Is that the intended order of method calls? How can I set the id of the
tenant for the filter?