Status of the Dojo Plugin

scryan
What is the current status of the Dojo plugin?  I see that it was updated to run in the 1.3.0 environment but there is no documentation on the plugin page indicating anything about it other than a link to the security warning page for Dojo.   We use dojo and would like to have it play nicely with Grails and the Ajax environment. If it is not supported we would like to work with the author to bring it up to spec and better document it and what version of Dojo it works with.

Thanks
Scott Ryan

Re: Status of the Dojo Plugin

burtbeckwith
This was on the dev list just now: http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/Requesting-Approval-as-Plugin-Developer-td2716319.html

Burt

> What is the current status of the Dojo plugin?  I see that it was updated to run in the 1.3.0 environment but there is no documentation on the plugin page indicating anything about it other than a link to the security warning page for Dojo.   We use dojo and would like to have it play nicely with Grails and the Ajax environment. If it is not supported we would like to work with the author to bring it up to spec and better document it and what version of Dojo it works with.
>
> Thanks
> Scott Ryan

Re: Status of the Dojo Plugin

scryan
Yes that was one of our developers but wanted to check the status before we moved forward in case you or Graeme is already working on it.

Scott Ryan

On Sep 27, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Burt Beckwith wrote:

> This was on the dev list just now: http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/Requesting-Approval-as-Plugin-Developer-td2716319.html
>
> Burt
>
>> What is the current status of the Dojo plugin?  I see that it was updated to run in the 1.3.0 environment but there is no documentation on the plugin page indicating anything about it other than a link to the security warning page for Dojo.   We use dojo and would like to have it play nicely with Grails and the Ajax environment. If it is not supported we would like to work with the author to bring it up to spec and better document it and what version of Dojo it works with.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scott Ryan

Re: Status of the Dojo Plugin

burtbeckwith
There's nothing happening that I know about. Great to hear that you guys are working on this. I used Dojo a few years ago and thought it was pretty cool, and I know it's gotten a lot better since then.

Burt

> Yes that was one of our developers but wanted to check the status before we moved forward in case you or Graeme is already working on it.
>

> Scott Ryan
>
> On Sep 27, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Burt Beckwith wrote:
>
> > This was on the dev list just now: http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/Requesting-Approval-as-Plugin-Developer-td2716319.html
> >
> > Burt
> >
> >> What is the current status of the Dojo plugin?  I see that it was updated to run in the 1.3.0 environment but there is no documentation on the plugin page indicating anything about it other than a link to the security warning page for Dojo.   We use dojo and would like to have it play nicely with Grails and the Ajax environment. If it is not supported we would like to work with the author to bring it up to spec and better document it and what version of Dojo it works with.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Scott Ryan

Re: Status of the Dojo Plugin

scryan
Cool,
We use it a lot and it has great accessibility.  The requester is our Web Dev who has used YUI in the past and has been using dojo in our project for over a year.  Hopefully he can get approval to commit and then I will walk him through the plugin cycle.  We will be hosting the code on github and pushing to the grails repo via zipOnly.   I loved the documents on using github for plugin development but is seems a bit scattered about.  It would be cool to have a central location for it.   I assume it is ok to use the existing dojo portal page to document our plugin or should we create a new page?  How do we create a new portal page if we don't have the code in SVN?

Thanks

Scott Ryan

On Sep 27, 2010, at 4:46 PM, Burt Beckwith wrote:

> There's nothing happening that I know about. Great to hear that you guys are working on this. I used Dojo a few years ago and thought it was pretty cool, and I know it's gotten a lot better since then.
>
> Burt
>
>> Yes that was one of our developers but wanted to check the status before we moved forward in case you or Graeme is already working on it.
>>

>> Scott Ryan
>>
>> On Sep 27, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Burt Beckwith wrote:
>>
>>> This was on the dev list just now: http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/Requesting-Approval-as-Plugin-Developer-td2716319.html
>>>
>>> Burt

Re: Status of the Dojo Plugin

burtbeckwith
If you're going to update the existing plugin then you should edit http://grails.org/plugin/dojo

If you're creating a new plugin, there's a Quartz job that updates the plugin pages so a new release would trigger the creation of the page (regardless of whether the code is in SVN or not). You can set the documentation link to point to an external link - click the Edit Plugin link to do that.

Burt

> Cool,
> We use it a lot and it has great accessibility.  The requester is our Web Dev who has used YUI in the past and has been using dojo in our project for over a year.  Hopefully he can get approval to commit and then I will walk him through the plugin cycle.  We will be hosting the code on github and pushing to the grails repo via zipOnly.   I loved the documents on using github for plugin development but is seems a bit scattered about.  It would be cool to have a central location for it.   I assume it is ok to use the existing dojo portal page to document our plugin or should we create a new page?  How do we create a new portal page if we don't have the code in SVN?
>

> Thanks
>

> Scott Ryan
>

> On Sep 27, 2010, at 4:46 PM, Burt Beckwith wrote:
>
> > There's nothing happening that I know about. Great to hear that you guys are working on this. I used Dojo a few years ago and thought it was pretty cool, and I know it's gotten a lot better since then.
> >
> > Burt
> >
> >> Yes that was one of our developers but wanted to check the status before we moved forward in case you or Graeme is already working on it.
> >>

> >> Scott Ryan

> >>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: Status of the Dojo Plugin

Rob Meidal
I plan on updating the Dojo Plugin first. Get the <g:remoteXXX> tags working with Dojo 1.4.

I then have some nice taglibs that make it easy to use other dojo components like the tabs, calendars etc that would be nice for a Dojo UI plugin.

Thanks!
Rob Meidal