Status of web tests run from Grails

pledbrook
Hi,

I'm currently running 'grails run-webtest' from our continuous
integration server and I was wondering whether it would be possible
for Grails to exit with a non-zero status code if any of the web tests
fail, as is currently the case with 'grails test-app'.

If it's not currently possible, what would be the best way of adding
the feature? Reviewing the test report? Or getting the error/failure
property from the test runner?

Cheers,

Peter

Re: Status of web tests run from Grails

graemer
It is possible i guess, at the moment it doesn't do it, there is
already a JIRA for this along with many others to improve the WebTest
stuff:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-1665

Unfortunately Dierk seems rather short on time to look at these right
now. I'll see if I can move it out into a plugin and then move the
issues to the Grails plugin repo and hopefully they'll get looked at
eventually

Cheers

On 10/4/07, Peter Ledbrook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently running 'grails run-webtest' from our continuous
> integration server and I was wondering whether it would be possible
> for Grails to exit with a non-zero status code if any of the web tests
> fail, as is currently the case with 'grails test-app'.
>
> If it's not currently possible, what would be the best way of adding
> the feature? Reviewing the test report? Or getting the error/failure
> property from the test runner?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

http://grails.org

RE: Status of web tests run from Grails

Dierk König
yes, I'm sorry for not having enough time atm.
Packaging WebTest in a Grails plugin will address most of the open issues.

ciao
Dierk
(who is even behind schedule in preparing his GrailsExchange slides...)

No worries :) I attached a patch to the issue for failing the build
when any of the tests fail.

Cheers,

Peter