Supported added for Java domain classes

graemer
Hello all,

I've just committed a new feature that allows you to write your domain
classes in java then map them with normal hibernate.cfg.xml mappings,
but still use Grails dynamic persistent methods.

What it means is if you have an existing domain model written in Java
and mapped with hibernate you can still get the benefit of Grails
controllers and dynamic methods. This is a killer feature..

Enjoy,

Re: Supported added for Java domain classes

Guillaume Laforge-2
Hi Graeme,

> I've just committed a new feature that allows you to write your domain
> classes in java then map them with normal hibernate.cfg.xml mappings,
> but still use Grails dynamic persistent methods.
>
> What it means is if you have an existing domain model written in Java
> and mapped with hibernate you can still get the benefit of Grails
> controllers and dynamic methods. This is a killer feature..

Well done!
That makes for a nice transition for the ones who want the agility of
Grails, yet leveraging their investment in prior work in Java.
Really nice.

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

RE: Supported added for Java domain classes

Dierk König
> What it means is if you have an existing domain model written in Java
> and mapped with hibernate you can still get the benefit of Grails
> controllers and dynamic methods.

> This is a killer feature..

Yep, that really is!

cool!