Quantcast

TagLibraryTransformer nullpointers during 'grails compile'

TagLibraryTransformer nullpointers during 'grails compile'

ErikSlagter
This post was updated on .
I've just upgraded my 1.3.4 app to 2.0.1 and tried to compile and got the following exception. Don't know what I'm doing wrong ?!?!

| Error Fatal error during compilation org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Compilation Failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.compiler.web.taglib.TagLibraryTransformer.findTags(TagLibraryTransformer.java:177)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.compiler.web.taglib.TagLibraryTransformer.performInjectionInternal(TagLibraryTransformer.java:87)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.compiler.injection.AbstractGrailsArtefactTransformer.performInjection(AbstractGrailsArtefactTransformer.java:131)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.compiler.injection.GrailsAwareInjectionOperation.call(GrailsAwareInjectionOperation.java:140)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToPrimaryClassNodes(CompilationUnit.java:967)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:546)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.processPhaseOperations(CompilationUnit.java:524)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:501)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:480)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.FileSystemCompiler.compile(FileSystemCompiler.java:60)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.FileSystemCompiler.doCompilation(FileSystemCompiler.java:216)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.ant.Groovyc.compile(Groovyc.java:909)

grails list-plugins gives:

Plug-ins you currently have installed are listed below:
acegi               0.5.2            --  Grails Spring Security 2.0 Plugin
geolocation         0.1              --  Geolocation plugin
hibernate           2.0.1            --  Hibernate for Grails
mootools            0.1.3            --  Provides integration with the Mootools toolkit http://mootools.net, a light OO javascript framework.

Re: TagLibraryTransformer nullpointers during 'grails compile'

Graeme Rocher-2
Please raise a JIRA for this, you seem to have a closure with no parameters somewhere and we aren't handling it properly. Maybe check that you have any closures in the tag libraries defined like:

def foo = {-> }

I've just upgrade my 1.3.4 app to 2.0.1 and tried to compile and got the