Testing Grails plugins w/ temp domain classes

Testing Grails plugins w/ temp domain classes

GrgC
Hi,

I am thinking of creating a Grails plugin for the first time and will need to
define some domain classes with which I can test the plugin. I don't want
these domain classes to appear in any application that uses the plugin,
though.

What is the recommended way of going about this? One idea was to create a
separate test plugin that depends on the original plugin and includes all the
tests & necessary domain classes. Is there another (simpler?) way of going
about this? I plan on using the Grails 1.4 milestones & release candidates.

Also, I do apologize if the question was asked here before, a quick Google
search produced nothing on the subject.

Regards,
Gregor

Re: Testing Grails plugins w/ temp domain classes

cazacugmihai
Hi,

In you PluginNameGrailsPlugin.groovy, add:

def pluginExcludes = [
        "grails-app/domain/**"
]

Mihai

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Gregor Petrin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of creating a Grails plugin for the first time and will need to
define some domain classes with which I can test the plugin. I don't want
these domain classes to appear in any application that uses the plugin,
though.

What is the recommended way of going about this? One idea was to create a
separate test plugin that depends on the original plugin and includes all the
tests & necessary domain classes. Is there another (simpler?) way of going
about this? I plan on using the Grails 1.4 milestones & release candidates.

Also, I do apologize if the question was asked here before, a quick Google
search produced nothing on the subject.

Regards,
Gregor

Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Skype: cazacugmihai
Mobile: +40 745 254 657

Re: Testing Grails plugins w/ temp domain classes

GrgC
Ah, simple!

Thank you very much!

Regards,