The False Optimism of GORM and Hibernate

The False Optimism of GORM and Hibernate

alxndrsn
I came across the article "The False Optimism of GORM and Hibernate"
on Marc Palmer's blog yesterday
(http://www.anyware.co.uk/2005/2012/11/12/the-false-optimism-of-gorm-and-hibernate).

It struck me as quite an important article, and raised some questions:

* is all the Grails example code (including scaffolding) handling
database interaction poorly?
* is the article correct in its assertion that most Grails apps should
be using a combination of optimistic locking and explicit locks when
updating GORM objects?  (i.e. pessimistic optimistic locking)
* have I overestimated the importance of this article, and if not why
has there been no discussion of it either on this mailing list, or on
Marc's blog?

Thanks for any thoughts - I'm very curious about this!

Alex

P.S. I have found some discussion at
https://twitter.com/wangjammer5/status/268028949366468609 - only
adding to my interest!