Unable to create Grails 3.0.3 app

Ronny Løvtangen
$ grails create-app g303 --stacktrace
| Error Could not checkout tag for Grails release [3.0.3]: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved (NOTE: Stack trace has been filtered. Use --verbose to see entire trace.)
org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.RefNotFoundException: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved
        at org.eclipse.jgit.api.CheckoutCommand.call(CheckoutCommand.java:244)
        at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.checkoutTagForRelease(GitProfileRepository.groovy:128)
        at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.createOrUpdateRepository(GitProfileRepository.groovy:116)
        at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.getProfile(GitProfileRepository.groovy:56)
        at org.grails.cli.profile.commands.CreateAppCommand.handle(CreateAppCommand.groovy:70)
        at org.grails.cli.GrailsCli.execute(GrailsCli.groovy:177)
        at org.grails.cli.GrailsCli.main(GrailsCli.groovy:99)
| Error Could not checkout tag for Grails release [3.0.3]: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved
| Application created at /Users/ronny/tmp/grails/g303

there is a tag v3.0.3 in the profile repo: https://github.com/grails/grails-profile-repository/releases/tag/v3.0.3
Any idea why this doesn’t work?

Ronny

Re: Unable to create Grails 3.0.3 app

Jeff Brown

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 6:21 AM, Ronny Løvtangen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> $ grails create-app g303 --stacktrace
> | Error Could not checkout tag for Grails release [3.0.3]: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved (NOTE: Stack trace has been filtered. Use --verbose to see entire trace.)
> org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.RefNotFoundException: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved
> at org.eclipse.jgit.api.CheckoutCommand.call(CheckoutCommand.java:244)
> at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.checkoutTagForRelease(GitProfileRepository.groovy:128)
> at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.createOrUpdateRepository(GitProfileRepository.groovy:116)
> at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.getProfile(GitProfileRepository.groovy:56)
> at org.grails.cli.profile.commands.CreateAppCommand.handle(CreateAppCommand.groovy:70)
> at org.grails.cli.GrailsCli.execute(GrailsCli.groovy:177)
> at org.grails.cli.GrailsCli.main(GrailsCli.groovy:99)
> | Error Could not checkout tag for Grails release [3.0.3]: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved
> | Application created at /Users/ronny/tmp/grails/g303
>

> there is a tag v3.0.3 in the profile repo: https://github.com/grails/grails-profile-repository/releases/tag/v3.0.3
> Any idea why this doesn’t work?

I am not seeing the problem at my end.

Your console output includes "Application created at /Users/ronny/tmp/grails/g303”.  Was the project successfully created?

Can you delete the .grails/repository directory that is below your home directory and then report back to let us know if that made the problem go away?

Thanks for the feedback.

JSB

Jeff Scott Brown
Principal Software Engineer
Grails Development Team
Object Computing Inc.
http://www.ociweb.com/

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: Unable to create Grails 3.0.3 app

Ronny Løvtangen

> On 09 Jul 2015, at 14:57, Jeff Scott Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 6:21 AM, Ronny Løvtangen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> $ grails create-app g303 --stacktrace
>> | Error Could not checkout tag for Grails release [3.0.3]: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved (NOTE: Stack trace has been filtered. Use --verbose to see entire trace.)
>> org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.RefNotFoundException: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved
>> at org.eclipse.jgit.api.CheckoutCommand.call(CheckoutCommand.java:244)
>> at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.checkoutTagForRelease(GitProfileRepository.groovy:128)
>> at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.createOrUpdateRepository(GitProfileRepository.groovy:116)
>> at org.grails.cli.profile.git.GitProfileRepository.getProfile(GitProfileRepository.groovy:56)
>> at org.grails.cli.profile.commands.CreateAppCommand.handle(CreateAppCommand.groovy:70)
>> at org.grails.cli.GrailsCli.execute(GrailsCli.groovy:177)
>> at org.grails.cli.GrailsCli.main(GrailsCli.groovy:99)
>> | Error Could not checkout tag for Grails release [3.0.3]: Ref v3.0.3 can not be resolved
>> | Application created at /Users/ronny/tmp/grails/g303
>>

>> there is a tag v3.0.3 in the profile repo: https://github.com/grails/grails-profile-repository/releases/tag/v3.0.3
>> Any idea why this doesn’t work?
>>

> I am not seeing the problem at my end.
>
> Your console output includes "Application created at /Users/ronny/tmp/grails/g303”.  Was the project successfully created?
Yes, looks so.

> Can you delete the .grails/repository directory that is below your home directory and then report back to let us know if that made the problem go away?

~/.grails/repository vas version 3.0.2 when I had this problem. Now it’s 3.0.3, not sure when the update really happened, but the problem went away. Anyway, deleting the repository is probably a good workaround, it is successfully recreated on ‘grails create-app’.

Thanks

Ronny