Updated On & Created On

Kerry Wilson-3
Anyway to auto-generate these like RoR?

Re: Updated On & Created On

graemer
Do you mean the CRUD screens? Or adding columns for these
automatically? Yes we could do these, please raise an issue if you
feel this would be a valuable addition

Graeme

On 6/23/06, Kerry Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyway to auto-generate these like RoR?

Re: Updated On & Created On

Kerry Wilson-3
In RoR, if you have updated_on or created_on columns in the db, the
framework automatically puts the appropriate timestamp in them, I am not
sure how that would happen in grails, maybe it could be a property or
something,

@property autoGenerateTimestamps = true;

This feature, just seems to strike me as useful, I don't know.  Opinions?

Graeme Rocher wrote:

> Do you mean the CRUD screens? Or adding columns for these
> automatically? Yes we could do these, please raise an issue if you
> feel this would be a valuable addition
>
> Graeme
>
> On 6/23/06, Kerry Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Anyway to auto-generate these like RoR?

Re: Updated On & Created On

graemer
Definitely, it is something commonly required by db applications for
reporting etc..