Using the Groovy Eclipse plugin for Grails development

Using the Groovy Eclipse plugin for Grails development

Søren Krogh Neigaard-2
Hi, I am new with Groovy and Grails (old Java developer)

I am using the command prompt the do the Grails setup and generating, but I would very much like to use Eclipse for the actual code. So I installed the Eclipse plugin, and I then imported my generated Grails app. Sadly I get some errors, so it will not compile:

The type groovy.lang.GroovyObject cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files resources.groovy /gTunes/grails-app/conf/spring

Also the output folder is set to "web-app/WEB-INF/classes", should it not be "target/classes"?

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Søren Neigaard <[hidden email]>

If I'd known computer science was going to be like this, I'd never have given up being a rock 'n' roll star.

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Using the Groovy Eclipse plugin for Grails development

Joe Greenawalt
Hi, I'm having this same problem, and tried the fix mentioned by Brian to no avail.  Any other suggestions?
(sts eclipse on windows. grails 1.2.2 groovy plugin.)
Thanks,
Joe

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Brian Schmoll <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Well I guess thats part of the problem.  I have it running on the mac with no problems.  My bigger problem, is that we've been bought by an international corporate conglomerate, who don't support macs (something about synergy), but don't buy replacements (something about not making any money).  I have windows running virtually, for when i work remotely; and trying to get it to work there also.

Long story short, I have the latest STS, and it worked fine for me in the mac as well.

Thanks for the info,
Joe

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Michael Collado <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Andy Clement
Hi Joe,

There is an update site for released builds and an update site for dev
builds - there are not different builds from windows and mac.  From
the dates you showed in your screenshot, they both look like they are
from the dev build site.  Due to us constantly building and uploading
to that update site, there may be a time window when no update looks
visible because it is in the midst of being uploaded.  I will say that
most of the developers working on this part of the tooling are on mac,
so may not notice if there is some bad path management going on that
would affect windows.  It is probably worth raising an STS jira to get
to the bottom of it: https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS

cheers,
Andy
---
Groovy-Eclipse development

On 6 May 2010 19:35, Joe Greenawalt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know if this has anything to do with it but i looked at the compiler
> versions and they're different.  I remember when i did an "update" on the
> mac STS it downloaded a new groovy and I went to do a update on the windows
> and it didn't find anything.  So i checked and they are different.  Does
> windows lag behind?  Doesn't seem like this should be a problem.  But its
> the only difference i can see right now.
> Mac: http://grab.by/4fCx
> Win: http://grab.by/4fCy
>
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Joe Greenawalt <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Well I guess thats part of the problem.  I have it running on the mac with
>> no problems.  My bigger problem, is that we've been bought by an
>> international corporate conglomerate, who don't support macs (something
>> about synergy), but don't buy replacements (something about not making any
>> money).  I have windows running virtually, for when i work remotely; and
>> trying to get it to work there also.
>> Long story short, I have the latest STS, and it worked fine for me in the
>> mac as well.
>> Thanks for the info,
>> Joe
>>
>> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Michael Collado <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Which version of STS are you using? 2.3.3 handles Grails dependencies
>>> almost flawlessly, including plugin classes. I remember upgrading from 2.2.x
>>> did not go smoothly, so I installed a fresh copy of 2.3 and haven't had any
>>> troubles since then. I'm on Mac, not Windows, but you might try upgrading,
>>> if you haven't yet.
>>>
>>> Mike Collado

Re: Using the Groovy Eclipse plugin for Grails development

Joe Greenawalt
Thanks for the info, i will do that.

Joe