VM error in Netbeans 7.1

Sunny
Hello grail worshipers :)

I am running grails on Solaris. First I had problems with running grails from the command line. In this forum I found this solution, now my grails CLI works fine. The same problem still hunts me when I try to start grails within the Netbeans IDE (7.1), the same message again:

"Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap"

I guess Netbeans are not aware the GRAILS_OPTS (defined in my .bashrc):

export GRAILS_OPTS="-Xmx768m -Xms256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

Any tips on how to resolve this problem?

Re: VM error in Netbeans 7.1

webmediauk
Hey,
NetBeans allows you to set per project VM options.
I'm on NetBeans version 7.01 and can go to the project properties and add VM options in the VM options box.
This has come in handy a few times.
Hope this helps
Barry

Re: VM error in Netbeans 7.1

Sunny
This post was updated on .
  Hi Barry,

thank you for the tip. VM options per project works but I was looking
for some general setting in Netbeans (default for all projects) because
(1) I can not create new projects, (2) I do not want to set VM options
for each project.

Cheers,
Sunny.