Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India

Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India

maazy
Hi all,

I have a grails (Version 1.3.4) application which manages training.

Requirement
1. On successful registration on any training user must get an SMS alert to his mobile number (given while registering)

2. Only one way sms (from application to mobile)

3. only Indian mobile numbers (as we provide service only in india)

Please help me in achieving this task.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India

Werner Hennrich-4
Am 2013-03-09 11:49, schrieb maazy:
Hi all,
I have a grails (Version 1.3.4) application which manages training.

*Requirement*
1. On successful registration on any training user must get an SMS alert to
his mobile number (given while registering)

2. Only one way sms (from application to mobile)

3. only Indian mobile numbers (as we provide service only in india)

Please help me in achieving this task.
Thanks in advance.
You need to find a telco offering a sms gateway, make a contract with them and use their api.

And you'll have to build the requirements above into your apps' business logic
(well, #2 depends on how the telco sets up your app's account to handle inbound traffic).

all the best/W

Re: Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India

PeterNSteinmetz
If you know the carriers, many offer a free email-sms gateway to their subscribers. So sms can be sent by sending an email to a particular address. For verizon here in the US, for example, the email address is <phone #>@vtext.com.

cheers,
Peter

On Mar 9, 2013, at 3:49 AM, maazy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a grails (Version 1.3.4) application which manages training.
>
> *Requirement*
> 1. On successful registration on any training user must get an SMS alert to
> his mobile number (given while registering)
>
> 2. Only one way sms (from application to mobile)
>
> 3. only Indian mobile numbers (as we provide service only in india)
>
> Please help me in achieving this task.
>
> Thanks in advance.

RE: Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India

wwwclaes

we used to use Clickatell which is an international SMS Gateway. Here is a copy-paste of the code we used, hopefully it is still working. You need to install HTTPBuilder in Grails and setup a Clickatell account to fill in the ??????.

/Claes

-----

def sendClickatellSms(def number, def text) {
      def http = new HTTPBuilder('http://api.clickatell.com/')
      http.contentType = TEXT
      EncoderRegistry encoders = new EncoderRegistry();
      encoders.setCharset('ISO-8859-1')
      http.setEncoderRegistry(encoders)

      http.request( POST ) {
          uri.path = 'http/sendmsg'
          requestContentType = URLENC
          if (number.substring(0, 1) == '+') {
              // Remove a leading plus sign
              number = number.substring(1)
          }

          body = [ api_id: '??????', user: '??????', password: '??????', from: '??????', to: number, text: text, concat: '3', callback: '2', deliv_ack: '1' ]

          response.success = { resp, reader ->
              def msg = reader.text
              if (msg.substring(0, 2) == 'ID') {
                  return 0
              } else if (msg.substring(0, 3) == 'ERR') {
                  log.error("Clickatell " + msg)
                  return msg.substring(5, 8).toInteger()
              } else {
                  return 1

          response.failure = { resp ->
              log.error("Failed to contact Clickatell: ${resp.statusLine}")
              return 1

> Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 02:49:09 -0800

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [grails-user] Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a grails (Version 1.3.4) application which manages training.
>
> *Requirement*
> 1. On successful registration on any training user must get an SMS alert to
> his mobile number (given while registering)
>
> 2. Only one way sms (from application to mobile)
>
> 3. only Indian mobile numbers (as we provide service only in india)
>
> Please help me in achieving this task.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India

bdrhoa
http://www.twilio.com/sms
or

I hope to eventually write a plivo plugin, but that won't happen any time soon.
---------------------------
www.maf.org/rhoads
www.ontherhoads.org

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Peter N. Steinmetz <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you know the carriers, many offer a free email-sms gateway to their subscribers. So sms can be sent by sending an email to a particular address. For verizon here in the US, for example, the email address is <phone #>@vtext.com.

cheers,
Peter

On Mar 9, 2013, at 3:49 AM, maazy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a grails (Version 1.3.4) application which manages training.
>
> *Requirement*
> 1. On successful registration on any training user must get an SMS alert to
> his mobile number (given while registering)
>
> 2. Only one way sms (from application to mobile)
>
> 3. only Indian mobile numbers (as we provide service only in india)
>
> Please help me in achieving this task.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India

BeckSpencer
Since most businesses today are online, you can find a registration page on many websites in which sign up to receive verification codes or OTPs. These codes go out automatically via a Bulk SMS service which websites integrate with the use of SMS gateways.

Re: Want to send SMS from my Grails application to Mobile number across India

SMSAPI
The average open rate for transactional SMS is 98%, making it one of the more powerful ways to reach your contacts. It is an effective channel to send transactional messages to your customers like 2-factor authentication codes, order confirmations, shipping information, and more by simply connecting your system with a texting service using SMS API.