Why use Gradle with Grails?

johnrellis
Hey folks,

Curious as to why one would use gradle with grails?

In my mind, the grails environment already takes care of the build for you.

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

(I am not interested in building grails from source with gradle or anything like that, more why would you use it with a normal grails application from day to day.)

Many thanks!
John

John Rellis

Re: Why use Gradle with Grails?

rlovtangen
One advantage would be better support for multi module builds, where the Grails application is only one of many modules.

Ronny

On Mar 5, 2013, at 10:31 PM, John Rellis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Curious as to why one would use gradle with grails?
>
> In my mind, the grails environment already takes care of the build for you.
>
> What are the advantages and disadvantages?
>
> (I am not interested in building grails from source with gradle or anything like that, more why would you use it with a normal grails application from day to day.)
>
> Many thanks!
> John
>
> --
> John Rellis

Re: Why use Gradle with Grails?

basejump (Josh)
Because Gradle is Awesome!

Hand saw when I can use Power Saw?
Cessna 172 when I can fly a 737?
Spring MVC when I can code with Grails?
Grails build when I can take advantage of Gradle build?