Quantcast

Why was the upgrade command deprecated?

Henrique Lobo Weissmann
Hi,

It may be a silly question, but here it is: why you deprecated the upgrade command? It was quite usefull. Will we see another alternative in the future? Some sort of comeback to make the upgrade of Grails applications easier?

--
Henrique Lobo Weissmann (Kico)
(55) 31 9226-0459

Re: Why was the upgrade command deprecated?

Moritz Kobel-3
Hello Henrique,

as far as I know, grails upgrade is replaced by grails set-grails-version (http://grails.org/doc/latest/ref/Command%20Line/set-grails-version.html)

- Moritz

Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014 18:02:29 UTC+2 schrieb Henrique Lobo Weissmann:
Hi,

It may be a silly question, but here it is: why you deprecated the upgrade command? It was quite usefull. Will we see another alternative in the future? Some sort of comeback to make the upgrade of Grails applications easier?

--
Henrique Lobo Weissmann (Kico)
(55) 31 9226-0459

Re: Why was the upgrade command deprecated?

Graeme Rocher-2
The upgrade command was originally created with the intention of being
able to automate some of the upgrade process, as the number of plugins
and the complexity of the upgrade process increased we realised it
wasn't go to be able to meet users expectations and we shifted most of
the upgrade information to the documentation making the name 'upgrade'
for the command no longer suitable. The only useful functionality of
'upgrade' is to set the Grails version and hence it has been replaced
by 'set-grails-version'

Cheers

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Moritz Kobel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Henrique,
>
> as far as I know, grails upgrade is replaced by grails set-grails-version
> (http://grails.org/doc/latest/ref/Command%20Line/set-grails-version.html)
>
> - Moritz
>
> Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014 18:02:29 UTC+2 schrieb Henrique Lobo Weissmann:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It may be a silly question, but here it is: why you deprecated the upgrade
>> command? It was quite usefull. Will we see another alternative in the
>> future? Some sort of comeback to make the upgrade of Grails applications
>> easier?
>>
>> --
>> Henrique Lobo Weissmann (Kico)
>> (55) 31 9226-0459