Wiki style URL

Alan Kang
Hi all,

Is there any way to use wiki style URL like this:

http://domain/wiki/PageName

Currently, I have to use following style:

http://domain/wiki?pagename=PageName

Regards

Re: Wiki style URL

Jarod-2
urlrewritefilter http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
or if your web server is apache. it also can do this

On 6/24/06, Alan Kang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any way to use wiki style URL like this:

http://domain/wiki/PageName

Currently, I have to use following style:

http://domain/wiki?pagename=PageName

Regards

刘远志
QQ:2065254

Re: Wiki style URL

Alan Kang
Yes, that can be a solution.

But it would be better if we can do it with Grails(or RoR) style -
Convention over Configuration. That's what I'm looking for.

Regards

On 6/26/06, 刘远志 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> urlrewritefilter http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
> or if your web server is apache. it also can do this
>

> On 6/24/06, Alan Kang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
>  Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to use wiki style URL like this:
>
> http://domain/wiki/PageName
>
> Currently, I have to use following style:
>
>  http://domain/wiki?pagename=PageName
>
> Regards

> 刘远志
> QQ:2065254

Re: Wiki style URL

graemer
Well you can use the id property for strings too, so you could have a
WikiController and do something like:

http://domain/wiki/page/PageName

Then use the id from the params object in the 'page' action:

def page = {
      println "page id is ${params.id}"
}

You would have to deploy the grails app as the root web application to
get the a controller to appear directly after the domain though
otherwise it would be:

http://domain/myapp/wiki/page/PageName

Graeme

On 6/26/06, Alan Kang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, that can be a solution.
>
> But it would be better if we can do it with Grails(or RoR) style -
> Convention over Configuration. That's what I'm looking for.
>
> Regards
>
> On 6/26/06, 刘远志 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > urlrewritefilter http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
> > or if your web server is apache. it also can do this
> >

> > On 6/24/06, Alan Kang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> >  Hi all,
> >
> > Is there any way to use wiki style URL like this:
> >
> > http://domain/wiki/PageName
> >
> > Currently, I have to use following style:
> >
> >  http://domain/wiki?pagename=PageName
> >
> > Regards

> >      http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
> >

> > --
> > 刘远志
> > QQ:2065254

Re: Wiki style URL

Jeremy Aston
This is very similar to a problem I discussed with Graeme some time
ago with respect to using full text URLs to map onto a catalogue tree
model - e.g. http://somedomain/catalgoue/cables/hdmi/qed instead of
http://somedomain/showcategory?catid=1.  I am sure we opened up a
JIRA on it but cannot for the life of me find it now to check where
we got with it :-)

Cheers

jez

On 26 Jun 2006, at 14:17, Graeme Rocher wrote:

> Well you can use the id property for strings too, so you could have a
> WikiController and do something like:
>
> http://domain/wiki/page/PageName
>
> Then use the id from the params object in the 'page' action:
>
> def page = {
>      println "page id is ${params.id}"
> }
>
> You would have to deploy the grails app as the root web application to
> get the a controller to appear directly after the domain though
> otherwise it would be:
>
> http://domain/myapp/wiki/page/PageName
>
> Graeme
>
> On 6/26/06, Alan Kang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yes, that can be a solution.
>>
>> But it would be better if we can do it with Grails(or RoR) style -
>> Convention over Configuration. That's what I'm looking for.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On 6/26/06, 刘远志 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > urlrewritefilter http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
>> > or if your web server is apache. it also can do this
>> >

>> > On 6/24/06, Alan Kang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > >
>> >  Hi all,
>> >
>> > Is there any way to use wiki style URL like this:
>> >
>> > http://domain/wiki/PageName
>> >
>> > Currently, I have to use following style:
>> >
>> >  http://domain/wiki?pagename=PageName
>> >
>> > Regards

>> >      http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>> >

>> > --
>> > 刘远志
>> > QQ:2065254

Re: Wiki style URL

graemer
The issue is this one: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-13

Which is still on the todo list, any volunteers? ;-)

Graeme

On 6/26/06, Jeremy Aston <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is very similar to a problem I discussed with Graeme some time
> ago with respect to using full text URLs to map onto a catalogue tree
> model - e.g. http://somedomain/catalgoue/cables/hdmi/qed instead of
> http://somedomain/showcategory?catid=1.  I am sure we opened up a
> JIRA on it but cannot for the life of me find it now to check where
> we got with it :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> jez
>
> On 26 Jun 2006, at 14:17, Graeme Rocher wrote:
>
> > Well you can use the id property for strings too, so you could have a
> > WikiController and do something like:
> >
> > http://domain/wiki/page/PageName
> >
> > Then use the id from the params object in the 'page' action:
> >
> > def page = {
> >      println "page id is ${params.id}"
> > }
> >
> > You would have to deploy the grails app as the root web application to
> > get the a controller to appear directly after the domain though
> > otherwise it would be:
> >
> > http://domain/myapp/wiki/page/PageName
> >
> > Graeme
> >
> > On 6/26/06, Alan Kang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Yes, that can be a solution.
> >>
> >> But it would be better if we can do it with Grails(or RoR) style -
> >> Convention over Configuration. That's what I'm looking for.
> >>
> >> Regards

Re: Wiki style URL

Jeremy Aston
Cheers Graeme,

I was going to get this going myself but time got the better of me :-(

If I can get something going in the next week or two then I will do.

jez