XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza
Hi all.
Sometimes, when running my application in development mode, I receive
the following error:
[Fatal Error] :51771:30: XML document structures must start and end
within the same entity.

The application seems to run ok, What does this error mean?
I am running grails 2.3.7 in a linux environment.
Thanks.

--
{}S José Vilmar Estácio de Souza

RE: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

Bob Brown
Somewhere or other you have an XML document that is not correctly structured.

Ie, you have something like:

Or:

Or maybe even something like:

<a attr='x>

See the missing quote?

(amongst other possible variations)

Have you created/edited your grails-app/conf/spring/resources.xml file?

Some plugins may make/edit this file so check for such a plugin.

I'd have a look at the stacktrace.log file to see if there is anything in that. Also have a look into target/** to see if any of the deployed XML files are not kosher.

HTH

BOB

The strange thing for me is that the error does not always occur.
Generally, after receiving the error, I run a clean and error disappears
Thanks.

On 04/22/2014 07:00 AM, Bob Brown wrote:

> Somewhere or other you have an XML document that is not correctly structured.
>
> Ie, you have something like:

> Or:

> Or maybe even something like:
>
> <a attr='x>
>
> See the missing quote?
>
> (amongst other possible variations)
>
> Have you created/edited your grails-app/conf/spring/resources.xml file?
>
> Some plugins may make/edit this file so check for such a plugin.
>
> I'd have a look at the stacktrace.log file to see if there is anything in that. Also have a look into target/** to see if any of the deployed XML files are not kosher.
>
> HTH
>
> BOB

chrismalan
I get the same in Grails-2.4.3 running in Linux.  It doesn't affect anything.  It's there only sometimes.  Clearly it's an xml issue, unless the error reporting is wrong and there is really no error.  I've looked everywhere, no luck.  Maybe a plug-in or such.