artifactory repository and ivy cache structure

artifactory repository and ivy cache structure

asafdav2
hey
I'm trying to use an internal Artifactory server to distribute plugins. As our environment is disconnected to the internet, I've used a connected computer to download all plugins and dependencies and then moved all files under [user]\.ivy2\cache to our network, and used the Deploy Artifacts Bundle feature of Artifactory to deploy them all at once. I've deployed them to a special Artifactory repository that i've set as having Ivy structure.
This is the relevant part from BuildConfig.groovy

repositories {
    mavenRepo "http://localhost:8081/artifactory/ext-release-local-ivy"
}
plugins {
    runtime 'org.grails.plugins:jquery:1.6.1.1'
}

However, when trying to use it to resolve plugins, it fails. According to logs, it searches for the zip here:

http://localhost:8081/artifactory/ext-release-local-ivy/org/grails/plugins/jquery/1.6.1.1/jquery-1.6.1.1.zip

where the zip actually resides here:

http://localhost:8081/artifactory/ext-release-local-ivy/org.grails.plugins/jquery/zips/jquery-1.6.1.1.zip

I believe it to be a problem of mismatch between maven/ivy conventions - i declared the repository as mavenRepo, but it follows ivy structure. what do I need to tweak to make it work?

Re: artifactory repository and ivy cache structure

asafdav2
sorry to bump the thread, maybe someone who knows the answer has missed this...

Re: artifactory repository and ivy cache structure

ld@ldaley.com
You're going to have to create your own resolver with the pattern you want, and then install it with this method:

https://github.com/grails/grails-core/blob/master/grails-bootstrap/src/main/groovy/org/codehaus/groovy/grails/resolve/config/RepositoriesConfigurer.groovy#L125-125

This RepositoriesConfigurer object is what you are working with in the repositories block. Check out the other code in there and you should be able to deduce how to create your own resolver and give it to the resover() method.

On 29/09/2011, at 6:13 PM, asafdav2 wrote:

> sorry to bump the thread, maybe someone who knows the answer has missed
> this...

Re: artifactory repository and ivy cache structure

asafdav2
won't it be easier to change the pattern for my local ivy cache, so it'll be in a more standard way? is there any way to control grails ivy settings file?