Quantcast

auto reloading controllers, problems during dev

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

auto reloading controllers, problems during dev

basejump (Josh)
Notice this in Grails 2.1 and now in 2.2.1 it seems worse.
Not sure what the pattern is. Controllers will just sometimes stop reloading my changes and will continue with the old code until I stop and restart both run-app and the Grails console.
Is this a know issue? I see some others are experiencing it but I don't see a clear solution except this
http://kylewbanks.com/post/show/Fix-Grails-Not-Auto-Reloading-Controllers



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: auto reloading controllers, problems during dev

sergiomichels
Are you using STS? I know that exists an issue if run the command run-app directly,  instead of run as > grails run-app.

--
Sérgio Michels


On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Josh (basejump) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Notice this in Grails 2.1 and now in 2.2.1 it seems worse.
Not sure what the pattern is. Controllers will just sometimes stop reloading my changes and will continue with the old code until I stop and restart both run-app and the Grails console.
Is this a know issue? I see some others are experiencing it but I don't see a clear solution except this
http://kylewbanks.com/post/show/Fix-Grails-Not-Auto-Reloading-Controllers



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: auto reloading controllers, problems during dev

basejump (Josh)
No STS.
All commands run from the terminal on mac. Mods are done with plain text editor Sublime.


On Apr 21, 2013, at 2:51 PM, Sergio Michels wrote:

Are you using STS? I know that exists an issue if run the command run-app directly,  instead of run as > grails run-app.

--
Sérgio Michels


On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Josh (basejump) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Notice this in Grails 2.1 and now in 2.2.1 it seems worse.
Not sure what the pattern is. Controllers will just sometimes stop reloading my changes and will continue with the old code until I stop and restart both run-app and the Grails console.
Is this a know issue? I see some others are experiencing it but I don't see a clear solution except this
http://kylewbanks.com/post/show/Fix-Grails-Not-Auto-Reloading-Controllers



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: auto reloading controllers, problems during dev

ebiester

If I have command objects within controllers I have this problem. Otherwise, it always happens for domain objects for me and intermittently service classes.

On Apr 21, 2013 7:06 PM, "Josh (basejump)" <[hidden email]> wrote:
No STS.
All commands run from the terminal on mac. Mods are done with plain text editor Sublime.


On Apr 21, 2013, at 2:51 PM, Sergio Michels wrote:

Are you using STS? I know that exists an issue if run the command run-app directly,  instead of run as > grails run-app.

--
Sérgio Michels


On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Josh (basejump) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Notice this in Grails 2.1 and now in 2.2.1 it seems worse.
Not sure what the pattern is. Controllers will just sometimes stop reloading my changes and will continue with the old code until I stop and restart both run-app and the Grails console.
Is this a know issue? I see some others are experiencing it but I don't see a clear solution except this
http://kylewbanks.com/post/show/Fix-Grails-Not-Auto-Reloading-Controllers



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: auto reloading controllers, problems during dev

Aarganth
Excuse the necromancy, but has anyone found a solution for this issue?

I like to use sublime (or gedit) but I am unable to if I want to use auto-reloading :(
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: auto reloading controllers, problems during dev

ppazos
I'm experiencing no auto reload on v2.4.4. I tried everything, grails.reload.enabled, the forked config the -reloading param as first param, as last param, etc, nothing seems to work.

Any idea of how to make Grails autoreload changes on controllers? I'm loosing 5 minutes for every change I make and I need to test.

Thanks!
Pablo Pazos
Technical Lead @ TarmacIT
Loading...