basedir variable missing from Grails 2.3.x

basedir variable missing from Grails 2.3.x

rlovtangen
In Config.groovy I use to include a non-version-controlled external config file from the applications root folder like this:

    grails.config.locations = ["file:${basedir}/dev-config.groovy"]

Bu starting with Grails 2.3.0, the basedir variable is no longer set. Is it removed intentionally, or is it a bug I should file a Jira for?

For my specific use, though, i found that the easy workaround is to change to

   grails.config.locations = ["file:dev-config.groovy"]

which works equally fine.

Ronny

Re: basedir variable missing from Grails 2.3.x

Graeme Rocher-2
Probably it isn't set for forked mode only

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Ronny Løvtangen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In Config.groovy I use to include a non-version-controlled external config file from the applications root folder like this:
>
>     grails.config.locations = ["file:${basedir}/dev-config.groovy"]
>
> Bu starting with Grails 2.3.0, the basedir variable is no longer set. Is it removed intentionally, or is it a bug I should file a Jira for?
>

> For my specific use, though, i found that the easy workaround is to change to
>
>    grails.config.locations = ["file:dev-config.groovy"]
>
> which works equally fine.
>

> Ronny

SpringSource

Re: basedir variable missing from Grails 2.3.x

rlovtangen
You're right, if I disable forked execution, it works as before.
Should this be considered a bug or feature?

Ronny