blog sample uses relationships instead of relatesToMany

blog sample uses relationships instead of relatesToMany

Jonathan Carlson
The blog sample uses this property instead of the relatesToMany:

@Property relationships = [ "comments" : Comment.class ]
@Property Set comments = new HashSet()

Is that an old way of doing things?

Thanks,

Jonathan

the system manager.

Katun Corporation -- www.katun.com

Re: blog sample uses relationships instead of relatesToMany

graemer
On 3/17/06, Jonathan Carlson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The blog sample uses this property instead of the relatesToMany:
>
> @Property relationships = [ "comments" : Comment.class ]
> @Property Set comments = new HashSet()
>
> Is that an old way of doing things?
Yes sorry the sample apps seems to go out of date quite quickly as we
are in such active development

Graeme

> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

> the system manager.
>
> Katun Corporation -- www.katun.com

RE: blog sample uses relationships instead of relatesToMany

Dierk König
yes, that's outdated.

Thanks for the post
Mittie

calathus
I also tried the sample blog, but it seems missing taglib library for JSP in cvs. so not working.
Also the jsp approach is sort of strange, why not using gsp?
Because of the lack of taglib, I modified it to gsp, then it start working(partially), the new codes are much simpler than jsp code.

yes, that's outdated.

Thanks for the post
Mittie

On 3/18/06, calathus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I also tried the sample blog, but it seems missing taglib library for JSP in
> cvs. so not working.
> Also the jsp approach is sort of strange, why not using gsp?
> Because of the lack of taglib, I modified it to gsp, then it start
> working(partially), the new codes are much simpler than jsp code.
The blog sample app is very old (in grails terms ;-) it was written
before grails' GSP support was implemented.

I must apologise to this list for the quality of the sample apps, this
is something we need to work on. Feel free to send me your updated
code and I will commit the changes

> On 3/18/06, Dierk Koenig <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > yes, that's outdated.
> >
> > Thanks for the post
> > Mittie

We simply rename the samples dir to playground ;-)

I would like to include functional tests for the samples in the
continuous build. (incl. the SampleGenerator)

This shouldn't be too difficult. Just tell me when the first
sample is good enough for testing.

Mittie