Quantcast

code complention in eclipse

Angel Luis Scull Pupo
hello all again,
im try to write some code in .gsps but the code complention is not working.
How can i put tto work
thanks

Re: code complention in eclipse

Jason Davis
gsp code completion has always been very hit or miss for me. Even in
controller and services STS still has a hard time sometimes.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Angel Luis Scull Pupo
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello all again,
> im try to write some code in .gsps but the code complention is not working.
> How can i put tto work
> thanks

Re: code complention in eclipse

Andrew Eisenberg-2
Hi guys,

Can you be more specific here?  These are features that are heavily
tested and I use them myself on a regular basis.  If something is not
working, that is something we need to fix.

Can you send over a project that isn't working, or let me know a
sequence of steps that will create a broken project?  If the problem
is intermittent and not easily reproducible, then that's valuable
information as well.

--a

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> gsp code completion has always been very hit or miss for me. Even in
> controller and services STS still has a hard time sometimes.
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Angel Luis Scull Pupo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> hello all again,
>> im try to write some code in .gsps but the code complention is not working.
>> How can i put tto work
>> thanks

Re: code complention in eclipse

Lauro Becker
Are you with the last version of STS?

Are all project dependencies resolved by the IDE?

Lauro L. V. Becker
---------------------------
Blog: http://laurobecker.wordpress.com

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> hello all again,
> im try to write some code in .gsps but the code complention is not working.
> How can i put tto work
> thanks

Re: code complention in eclipse

Jason Davis
I *was* using 2.6.1. I'm installing the latest now.

Thanks

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Lauro Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you with the last version of STS?
>
> Are all project dependencies resolved by the IDE?
>
> Lauro L. V. Becker
> ---------------------------
> Blog: http://laurobecker.wordpress.com
>

> 2012/2/15 Jason Davis <[hidden email]>
>>
>> gsp code completion has always been very hit or miss for me. Even in
>> controller and services STS still has a hard time sometimes.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Angel Luis Scull Pupo
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > hello all again,
>> > im try to write some code in .gsps but the code complention is not
>> > working.
>> > How can i put tto work
>> > thanks

Re: code complention in eclipse

Andrew Eisenberg-2
Well, there have been significant improvements since then.  But,
please let us know if there are still problems that you see.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I *was* using 2.6.1. I'm installing the latest now.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Lauro Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Are you with the last version of STS?
>>
>> Are all project dependencies resolved by the IDE?
>>
>> Lauro L. V. Becker
>> ---------------------------
>> Blog: http://laurobecker.wordpress.com
>>

>> 2012/2/15 Jason Davis <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> gsp code completion has always been very hit or miss for me. Even in
>>> controller and services STS still has a hard time sometimes.

Re: code complention in eclipse

Jason Davis
I updated STS to 2.8.1, installed groovy and grails support,
subclipse. Then when I try to open the workspace I used with 2.6.1
errors start showing up.
Every time seems some zip file cant be read (the files are there).
Most of the times it crashes the jvm and sts! 2.6.1 has been pretty
stable on this machine for a while.

Here is the output of me starting STS 2.8.1 3 times.
http://pastebin.com/qRa2Y4Rj

So... I could not test the code completion :D Sorry.

Thanks.
Jason

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I *was* using 2.6.1. I'm installing the latest now.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Lauro Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Are you with the last version of STS?
>>
>> Are all project dependencies resolved by the IDE?
>>
>> Lauro L. V. Becker
>> ---------------------------
>> Blog: http://laurobecker.wordpress.com
>>

>> 2012/2/15 Jason Davis <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> gsp code completion has always been very hit or miss for me. Even in
>>> controller and services STS still has a hard time sometimes.

Re: code complention in eclipse

Andrew Eisenberg-2
Sorry you're having these problems.  I'll have a look at what this might be.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I updated STS to 2.8.1, installed groovy and grails support,
> subclipse. Then when I try to open the workspace I used with 2.6.1
> errors start showing up.
> Every time seems some zip file cant be read (the files are there).
> Most of the times it crashes the jvm and sts! 2.6.1 has been pretty
> stable on this machine for a while.
>
> Here is the output of me starting STS 2.8.1 3 times.
> http://pastebin.com/qRa2Y4Rj
>
> So... I could not test the code completion :D Sorry.
>
> Thanks.
> Jason
>

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I *was* using 2.6.1. I'm installing the latest now.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Lauro Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Are you with the last version of STS?
>>>
>>> Are all project dependencies resolved by the IDE?
>>>
>>> Lauro L. V. Becker
>>> ---------------------------
>>> Blog: http://laurobecker.wordpress.com

Re: code complention in eclipse

Jason Davis
Got it running by using a new workspace and checking out projects from
version control. Edited a few gsp files and it does feel better.
Right away I notice the project explorer feels a lot more organized
and useful, with my most used folders at the top. Nice work!

Thanks,
Jason

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Andrew Eisenberg
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, there have been significant improvements since then.  But,
> please let us know if there are still problems that you see.
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I *was* using 2.6.1. I'm installing the latest now.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Lauro Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Are you with the last version of STS?
>>>
>>> Are all project dependencies resolved by the IDE?
>>>
>>> Lauro L. V. Becker
>>> ---------------------------
>>> Blog: http://laurobecker.wordpress.com

Re: code complention in eclipse

Jason Davis
Also, checking out a grails project worked perfectly. Thats a new one
for me and its really nice!

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got it running by using a new workspace and checking out projects from
> version control. Edited a few gsp files and it does feel better.
> Right away I notice the project explorer feels a lot more organized
> and useful, with my most used folders at the top. Nice work!
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Andrew Eisenberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Well, there have been significant improvements since then.  But,
>> please let us know if there are still problems that you see.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I *was* using 2.6.1. I'm installing the latest now.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: code complention in eclipse

Andrew Eisenberg-2
Glad you got it working.

I was about to say that it looks like it might be related to the
problem described here:
http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?102276-2-6-0M1-and-Exception-in-opening-zip-file

Even though that forum post describes 2.6.0.M1, there could still be
continuing trouble with the installer.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got it running by using a new workspace and checking out projects from
> version control. Edited a few gsp files and it does feel better.
> Right away I notice the project explorer feels a lot more organized
> and useful, with my most used folders at the top. Nice work!
>
> Thanks,
> Jason
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Andrew Eisenberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Well, there have been significant improvements since then.  But,
>> please let us know if there are still problems that you see.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I *was* using 2.6.1. I'm installing the latest now.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: code complention in eclipse

Jason Davis
hmm, after restart I got more of the same :(
http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?122714-Error-Initializing-Spring-Tooling-has-encountered-a-problem

Jason

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Andrew Eisenberg
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Glad you got it working.
>
> I was about to say that it looks like it might be related to the
> problem described here:
> http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?102276-2-6-0M1-and-Exception-in-opening-zip-file
>
> Even though that forum post describes 2.6.0.M1, there could still be
> continuing trouble with the installer.
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Jason Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Got it running by using a new workspace and checking out projects from
>> version control. Edited a few gsp files and it does feel better.
>> Right away I notice the project explorer feels a lot more organized
>> and useful, with my most used folders at the top. Nice work!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jason
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Andrew Eisenberg
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Well, there have been significant improvements since then.  But,
>>> please let us know if there are still problems that you see.

Re: code complention in eclipse

Andrew Eisenberg-2
Responded on the forum.