direct sql access and others...

John Winn
direct sql access and others...

Hi,
Working with GRAILS is proving excellent still, though one problem I am encountering is that I don't want to do everything in hiernate all the time as there are some functions that I want direct SQL access to the database. Is there any "global" variable, or way i can execute a SQL statement directly against the configured datasource? Perhaps I have missed something, but it would be excellent if I could. I am working against a legacy, not so well designed database, and I would love direct access int he controllers to the datasource.

Any ideas?

Also, in ruby on rails, there is a "production" tag that you can assign to specify that you are running in a prod environment, is there something similar in GRAILS?

As GRAILS is still new, I imagine that no one has hosting services for GRAILS apps?