error using spring security cas plugin

Tal Maayani

Hi,

I’m trying to use spring security code and cas plugins.

When I configure the cas plugin according to default configuration I got the following error at application startup

grails.plugins.springsecurity.cas.loginUri = '/login'

grails.plugins.springsecurity.cas.serviceUrl = "http://localhost:8080/${appName}/j_spring_cas_security_check"

grails.plugins.springsecurity.cas.serverUrlPrefix = 'https:// cas.server/cas'

grails.plugins.springsecurity.cas.proxyCallbackUrl = "http://localhost:8080/${appName}/secure/receptor"

grails.plugins.springsecurity.cas.proxyReceptorUrl = '/secure/receptor'

grails.plugins.springsecurity.logout.afterLogoutUrl = https://cas.server/cas/logout?url=http://localhost:8080/${appName}/

See

http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPSPRINGSECURITYCAS-14?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

I manage to identify the problem

At SpringSecurityCasGrailsPlugin.groovy in cas plugin there is a call to

                                casProxyRetriever(Cas20ProxyRetriever, conf.cas.serverUrlPrefix)

you can see there is no matching constructor in Cas20ProxyRetriever  that gets only one argument.

There is additional encoding parameter

If you add the encoding this fix the problem:

casProxyRetriever(Cas20ProxyRetriever, conf.cas.serverUrlPrefix,"UTF-8")

However this is not the way spring aimed to use the plug-in where the main purpose of it is making the coding easier for the developers.

I’d appreciate any comments on this.

Let me know if I wrongly use the plugin

Thanks

Tal