forum

nik_tech
i want to create a forum in grails do i am making the forum first time and don't know anything about it however through google the only way i came to know for forum is through database but making it through db would result in creation of domain class for each page as my forum would be categorized so please suggest me any way for implementing it please help thanks in advance

Re: forum

Marc Palmer Local

On 9 Feb 2011, at 14:14, nik_tech wrote:

> i want to create a forum in grails do i am making the forum first time and
> don't know anything about it however through google the only way i came to
> know for forum is through database but making it through db would result in
> creation of domain class for each page as my forum would be categorized so
> please suggest me any way for implementing it please help thanks in advance

Hey Nik,

This isn't really a Grails specific question, what you're asking is much more about application architecture.

I suggest you go and look at some open source forum implementations to see how they work / think about the problem in more detail.

I don't think discussion of this is appropriate for here, but a good starting point would be to create a Forum domain class which hasMany ForumPost(s). That should get you started.

Good luck.

Marc
~ ~ ~
Marc Palmer
Freelancer (Grails/Groovy/Java)

Blog         > http://www.anyware.co.uk
Twitter      > http://twitter.com/wangjammer5
Grails Rocks > http://www.grailsrocks.com

Re: forum

nik_tech
thanks a lot that would surely help me in designing my website

Re: forum

Rossi Davide
Hi, I have created a simple forum plugin for a project I'm working on.
It's quite basic, but can be used a starting point for something more complex.

I was planning to release it, it just needs some small fixes to be already usable.
If you (or someone else) are interested I can release it as soon as possible.

Let me know.

Davide

Re: forum

nik_tech
i would be thankful to you please release the version and if possible can you mail the code to nikhilmittalece@gmail.com

Re: forum

Jonathan Andrew Ong
Hello Davide,

I'm also interested to get the code. Can you send me a copy also?

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:12 AM, nik_tech <[hidden email]> wrote:

i would be thankful to you please release the version and if possible can you
mail the code to [hidden email]

Re: forum

Rossi Davide
I will put it online somewhere in the weekend or at the beginning of next week.