got exception when running sample/books webapp

got exception when running sample/books webapp

jtwoee
Hi,
Anyone encountered this problem when deploy the sample/books webapp on tomcat? I follow the instruction but got the following exceptions.
Any comments are appriciated.

HandlerExceptionResolver returned ModelAndView [ModelAndView: reference to view
with name 'error'; model is {exception=org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.errors.Gra
ilsWrappedRuntimeException: No eventId could be obtained -- make sure the client
 provides the _eventId parameter as input; the parameters provided for this requ
est were:map[[empty]]}] for exception
Handler execution resulted in exception - forwarding to resolved error view
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException : No eventId could be obtained -- make sure th
e client provides the _eventId parameter as input; the parameters provided for t
his request were:map[[empty]]
        at org.springframework.util.Assert.hasText(Assert.java :142)
        at org.springframework.webflow.execution.FlowExecutionManager.onEvent(Fl
owExecutionManager.java:435)
        at org.springframework.webflow.execution.servlet.ServletFlowExecutionMan
ager.handle ( ServletFlowExecutionManager.java:91)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.pageflow.execution.servlet.GrailsServl
etFlowExecutionManager.handle(GrailsServletFlowExecutionManager.java:115)
        at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.FlowController.handleRequestInternal (
FlowController.java:138)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(
AbstractController.java:139)

Re: got exception when running sample/books webapp

jtwoee
In case I got the wrong grails cvs repository, I cvs update the latest grails codes. And now I get the different exception during tomcat startup.
Anyone has run samples/books successfully? I wonder.

Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean wit
h name 'grailsApplication' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicat
ionContext.xml ]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.codehaus
.groovy.grails.exceptions.NewInstanceCreationException: Could not create a new i
nstance of class [BooksPageFlow]!
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.exceptions.NewInstanceCreationException: Could not cr
eate a new instance of class [BooksPageFlow]!
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.AbstractGrailsClass.newInstance (Ab
stractGrailsClass.java:100)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.AbstractGrailsClass.<init>(Abstrac
tGrailsClass.java:57)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.AbstractInjectableGrailsClass .<ini
t>(AbstractInjectableGrailsClass.java:37)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.DefaultGrailsPageFlowClass.<init>(
DefaultGrailsPageFlowClass.java:45)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.DefaultGrailsApplication.configure
LoadedClasses(DefaultGrailsApplication.java:145)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.DefaultGrailsApplication.<init>(De
faultGrailsApplication.java:105)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.GrailsApplicationFactoryBean.after
PropertiesSet(GrailsApplicationFactoryBean.java:45)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1059)

On 3/24/06, jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

graemer
Hi jeff,

I am due to move the books sample app into a 'sandbox' or 'playground'
directory as it uses PageFlows which are a work in progress and very
likely don't work at the moment as our focus has been getting normal
controllers working perfectly.

We will focus on improving page flows following the first release. In
the meantime try out the Quick Start:
http://grails.codehaus.org/Quick+Start

And have a look at the docs on controllers:
http://grails.codehaus.org/Controllers

Also as a side note the quality of our samples is very poor at the
moment, I'm working to correct this