grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

cazacugmihai
Hi,

Is there a way to install the webflow plugin in grails 2.0.3?


> grails create-app testwf
| Created Grails Application at C:\Users\test\Desktop/testwf
cd testwf
> grails install-plugin webflow
| Plugin installed.
> grails run-app
| Configuring classpath
| Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE


Thanks!
Mihai

--
Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: +40 745 254 657
Skype: cazacugmihai
Twitter: cazacugmihai


<img src="http://www.google.com/uds/css/small-logo.png" onclick="document.location.href=&#39;http://translate.google.com/&#39;;" style="position: absolute !important; z-index: -1 !important; right: 1px !important; top: -20px !important; cursor: pointer !important;-webkit-border-radius: 20px; background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 0.3) !important; padding: 3px 5px 0 !important; margin: 0 !important;">
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

Ian Roberts
On 10/04/2012 11:45, Mihai Cazacu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to install the webflow plugin in grails 2.0.3?
>
>
>     *> grails create-app testwf*
>     | Created Grails Application at C:\Users\test\Desktop/testwf
>     cd testwf
>     *> grails install-plugin webflow*
>     | Plugin installed.

Don't use install-plugin, declare the dependency in BuildConfig instead.

>     *> grails run-app*
>     | Configuring classpath
>     | Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in
>     BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
>     - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
>     - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
>     - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE

This looks like you just need to uncomment mavenCentral() in your
BuildConfig repositories section.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
[hidden email]  | University of Sheffield, UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

cazacugmihai
This also didn't work.

I've tried each of:

compile ":webflow:1.3.8"
compile ":webflow:2.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT"
compile ":webflow:$grailsVersion" // 2.0.3

without success.


On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Ian Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10/04/2012 11:45, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to install the webflow plugin in grails 2.0.3?
>
>
>     *> grails create-app testwf*
>     | Created Grails Application at C:\Users\test\Desktop/testwf
>     cd testwf
>     *> grails install-plugin webflow*
>     | Plugin installed.

Don't use install-plugin, declare the dependency in BuildConfig instead.

>     *> grails run-app*
>     | Configuring classpath
>     | Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in
>     BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
>     - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
>     - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
>     - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE

This looks like you just need to uncomment mavenCentral() in your
BuildConfig repositories section.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
[hidden email]  | University of Sheffield, UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email





--
Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: +40 745 254 657
Skype: cazacugmihai
Twitter: cazacugmihai


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

houbie
In reply to this post by Ian Roberts
Add

compile ':webflow:2.0.0'

to the plugins section in BuildConfig.groovy

There have been no changes in the web flow plugin since the 2.0.0 release.


Grtz,
Ivo


On 10 Apr 2012, at 13:20, Ian Roberts wrote:

> On 10/04/2012 11:45, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to install the webflow plugin in grails 2.0.3?
>>
>>
>>    *> grails create-app testwf*
>>    | Created Grails Application at C:\Users\test\Desktop/testwf
>>    cd testwf
>>    *> grails install-plugin webflow*
>>    | Plugin installed.
>
> Don't use install-plugin, declare the dependency in BuildConfig instead.
>
>>    *> grails run-app*
>>    | Configuring classpath
>>    | Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in
>>    BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
>>    - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
>>    - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
>>    - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE
>
> This looks like you just need to uncomment mavenCentral() in your
> BuildConfig repositories section.
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
> [hidden email]  | University of Sheffield, UK
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

cazacugmihai
Still fails.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Ivo Houbrechts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Add

compile ':webflow:2.0.0'

to the plugins section in BuildConfig.groovy

There have been no changes in the web flow plugin since the 2.0.0 release.


Grtz,
Ivo


On 10 Apr 2012, at 13:20, Ian Roberts wrote:

> On 10/04/2012 11:45, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to install the webflow plugin in grails 2.0.3?
>>
>>
>>    *> grails create-app testwf*
>>    | Created Grails Application at C:\Users\test\Desktop/testwf
>>    cd testwf
>>    *> grails install-plugin webflow*
>>    | Plugin installed.
>
> Don't use install-plugin, declare the dependency in BuildConfig instead.
>
>>    *> grails run-app*
>>    | Configuring classpath
>>    | Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in
>>    BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
>>    - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
>>    - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
>>    - org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE
>
> This looks like you just need to uncomment mavenCentral() in your
> BuildConfig repositories section.
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
> [hidden email]  | University of Sheffield, UK
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email





--
Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: +40 745 254 657
Skype: cazacugmihai
Twitter: cazacugmihai




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

testwf.7z (111K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

Ian Roberts
On 10/04/2012 12:37, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
> Still fails.

The error message is interesting:

| Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in
BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE

So Grails has successfully installed the webflow plugin but failed to
find its transitive dependencies.  Looking at mvnrepository.com this is
in fact correct, as from version 2.0.6 onwards these are published in
maven central under the artifact ID spring-* instead of
org.springframework.*

The "ebr()" repository has them under the org.springframework.* artifact
IDs but this may cause other transitive dependency problems as they
depend on the ebr versions of the rest of spring rather than the maven
central versions.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
[hidden email]  | University of Sheffield, UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

cazacugmihai
Strange... Now it works, without making any changes.

Thanks, guys!

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Ian Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10/04/2012 12:37, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
> Still fails.

The error message is interesting:

| Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in
BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE

So Grails has successfully installed the webflow plugin but failed to
find its transitive dependencies.  Looking at mvnrepository.com this is
in fact correct, as from version 2.0.6 onwards these are published in
maven central under the artifact ID spring-* instead of
org.springframework.*

The "ebr()" repository has them under the org.springframework.* artifact
IDs but this may cause other transitive dependency problems as they
depend on the ebr versions of the rest of spring rather than the maven
central versions.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
[hidden email]  | University of Sheffield, UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email





--
Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: +40 745 254 657
Skype: cazacugmihai
Twitter: cazacugmihai


<img src="http://www.google.com/uds/css/small-logo.png" onclick="document.location.href=&#39;http://translate.google.com/&#39;;" style="position: absolute !important; z-index: -1 !important; right: 1px !important; top: -20px !important; cursor: pointer !important;-webkit-border-radius: 20px; background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 0.3) !important; padding: 3px 5px 0 !important; margin: 0 !important;">
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

Jonathan Stott-5
We've found that a few times in Grails 2.0.x we've had to do grails run-app a couple of times when there are transitive dependencies in plugins. Maybe something similar is to cause for this? We've been too busy recently to collect any information about the problem though.

Jonathan



On 10 April 2012 12:56, Mihai Cazacu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Strange... Now it works, without making any changes.

Thanks, guys!



--
Dr Jonathan Stott
Development Team Leader

Axon Limited
"Connecting Healthcare"
2 Venture Road
University of Southampton Science Park
Southampton SO16 7NP


Tel: +44 (0)2380 11 11 99
Mobile: +44(0)7950 467087

www.axonuk.com

This message and the information contained therein is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is confidential or privileged within the meaning of applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible and delete this message from your system; please also note that any use or disclosure of the information contained in this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  This correspondence may include examples or terms based upon current assumptions with any costs shown excluding VAT and cannot be considered as a quotation, offer or commitment in any way.  Whilst reasonable precaution has been taken to minimise the risk, the contents or an attachment to this e-mail may have become corrupted during transmission or contain viruses, we cannot accept liability in this regard, and you should carry out your own virus checks.

Axon Limited is a Company registered in England and Wales number 5728502. Registered Office: Imperial House, 18-21 Kings Park Road, Southampton SO15 2AT

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

Alessandro F. Pileci
In reply to this post by cazacugmihai
Hi, I'm using Grails 2.0.0 and I've tried to run an app in which I've installed
webflow plugin, with the same problems you described.
May I ask you the steps you took to install and run webflow plugin?
Thanks a lot.
Goodbye

Alex Pileci.


On 10/04/2012 13.56, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
Strange... Now it works, without making any changes.

Thanks, guys!

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Ian Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10/04/2012 12:37, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
> Still fails.

The error message is interesting:

| Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in
BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE

So Grails has successfully installed the webflow plugin but failed to
find its transitive dependencies.  Looking at mvnrepository.com this is
in fact correct, as from version 2.0.6 onwards these are published in
maven central under the artifact ID spring-* instead of
org.springframework.*

The "ebr()" repository has them under the org.springframework.* artifact
IDs but this may cause other transitive dependency problems as they
depend on the ebr versions of the rest of spring rather than the maven
central versions.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
[hidden email]  | University of Sheffield, UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email





--
Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: +40 745 254 657
Skype: cazacugmihai
Twitter: cazacugmihai


<img moz-do-not-send="true" src="http://www.google.com/uds/css/small-logo.png" onclick="document.location.href='http://translate.google.com/';" style="position: absolute !important; z-index: -1 !important; right: 1px !important; top: -20px !important; cursor: pointer !important;-webkit-border-radius: 20px; background-color: rgba(200, 200, 200, 0.3) !important; padding: 3px 5px 0 !important; margin: 0 !important;">
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

cazacugmihai
Hi Alex,

This is my actual BuildConfig.groovy configuration:

repositories {
    ...
    grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"
    ...
}
plugins {
        compile ':webflow:2.0.0'
}

and it works.

Have a nice day!
MIhai

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Alessandro F. Pileci <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I'm using Grails 2.0.0 and I've tried to run an app in which I've installed
webflow plugin, with the same problems you described.
May I ask you the steps you took to install and run webflow plugin?
Thanks a lot.
Goodbye

Alex Pileci.


On 10/04/2012 13.56, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
Strange... Now it works, without making any changes.

Thanks, guys!

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Ian Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10/04/2012 12:37, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
> Still fails.

The error message is interesting:

| Error Failed to resolve dependencies (Set log level to 'warn' in
BuildConfig.groovy for more information):
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE
- org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE

So Grails has successfully installed the webflow plugin but failed to
find its transitive dependencies.  Looking at mvnrepository.com this is
in fact correct, as from version 2.0.6 onwards these are published in
maven central under the artifact ID spring-* instead of
org.springframework.*

The "ebr()" repository has them under the org.springframework.* artifact
IDs but this may cause other transitive dependency problems as they
depend on the ebr versions of the rest of spring rather than the maven
central versions.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
[hidden email]  | University of Sheffield, UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email





--
Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B40%20745%20254%20657" value="+40745254657" target="_blank">+40 745 254 657
Skype: cazacugmihai
Twitter: cazacugmihai





--
Mihai Cazacu
Software Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile: +40 745 254 657
Skype: cazacugmihai
Twitter: cazacugmihai


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

Alessandro F. Pileci
Hi Mihai, thanks now it works.
I hope this will help also other people.

Alex

On 03/05/2012 13.16, Mihai Cazacu wrote:
Hi Alex,

This is my actual BuildConfig.groovy configuration:

repositories {
    ...
    grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"
    ...
}
plugins {
        compile ':webflow:2.0.0'
}

and it works.

Have a nice day!
MIhai
ira
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

ira
I am a newbie trying to integrate webflow plugin into grails app. I see the same issue while installing webflow plugin into grails 2.0.3. I tried command "grails install-plugin webflow 2.0.0", didn't work. Deleted the reference from application.properties and tried the following, it still fails.
 
Following the suggestions in this post, I did these steps in BuildConfig.groovy.
1. Uncommented mavenCental()
2.  Added
repositories {
....
 grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"
}
3. Tried adding under dependencies and plugins, both didn't work!

plugins {
compile ':webflow:2.0.0'
}

Please help..
thanks!
Ira
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

PaulWaldo
I'm also getting this problem and none of the suggestions so far have helped.  I ran "grails dependency-report" and found out that webflow 2.0.8 is being required by grails itself.  This version of web flow is not available at any of these repositories:

        grailsPlugins()
        grailsHome()
        grailsCentral()
        mavenCentral()

Anyone have ideas on where the appropriate version of web flow can be located?  Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

dmarreco
Versions after 2.0.5 exist in the maven repositories with different artifact-names

The file "dependencies.groovy" file in this plugin show be changed

FROM:
    dependencies {
        // specify dependencies here under either 'build', 'compile', 'runtime', 'test' or 'provided' scopes eg.
        compile "org.grails:grails-webflow:${grailsVersion}",
  'org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE',
  'org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.8.RELEASE',
  'org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.8.RELEASE'
                runtime 'ognl:ognl:2.7.3'

    }

TO:

    dependencies {
        // specify dependencies here under either 'build', 'compile', 'runtime', 'test' or 'provided' scopes eg.
        compile "org.grails:grails-webflow:${grailsVersion}",
  'org.springframework.webflow:spring-webflow:2.0.8.RELEASE',
  'org.springframework.webflow:spring-binding:2.0.8.RELEASE',
  'org.springframework.webflow:spring-js:2.0.8.RELEASE'
                runtime 'ognl:ognl:2.7.3'

    }

OR, alternatively, to a prior version (which i tested and works fine as a work arround):

    dependencies {
        // specify dependencies here under either 'build', 'compile', 'runtime', 'test' or 'provided' scopes eg.
        compile "org.grails:grails-webflow:${grailsVersion}",
  'org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.webflow:2.0.5.RELEASE',
  'org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.binding:2.0.5.RELEASE',
  'org.springframework.webflow:org.springframework.js:2.0.5.RELEASE'
                runtime 'ognl:ognl:2.7.3'

    }


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

dmarreco
In reply to this post by PaulWaldo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

PaulWaldo
In reply to this post by dmarreco
Worked like a charm, dmarreco.  The funny thing is that even once you posted the solution, I still didn't see it for a while.  The  artifact names are sooo similar!  Thanks so much!!!

Paul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

dmarreco
Ok, the downside of my workaround would be that you have to manually hack the plugin directory. If you have your project deployed on a build server this can be a major problem.

Solved it by downloading the webflow-2.0.3 plugin from http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.grails/grails-webflow/2.0.3 and placing the JAR under my lib/ directory.

This issue is becoming a real mess: http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-9071

Hope they fix the documentation and repositories soon.

Cheers,
Daniel Marreco
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

PaulWaldo
Interesting.  In his response to this bug report,  Graeme Rocher says it is a transient problem due to repository location changes.  I wasn't aware that the repositories had changes...
---------------------------------------------
Paul Waldo






On May 15, 2012, at 11:12 PM, dmarreco [via Grails] wrote:

Ok, the downside of my workaround would be that you have to manually hack the plugin directory. If you have your project deployed on a build server this can be a major problem.

Solved it by downloading the webflow-2.0.3 plugin from http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.grails/grails-webflow/2.0.3 and placing the JAR under my lib/ directory.

This issue is becoming a real mess: http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-9071

Hope they fix the documentation and repositories soon.

Cheers,
Daniel Marreco


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/grails-2-0-3-and-webflow-plugin-tp4545238p4628488.html
To unsubscribe from grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

richvorp
In reply to this post by cazacugmihai
Trying several of the above suggestions did not work for me, however changing the dependency within BuildConfig.groovy to be

dependencies {
    compile "org.grails.plugins:webflow:2.0.0"
}

worked for me.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grails 2.0.3 and webflow plugin

ademuri
In reply to this post by cazacugmihai
I didn't have luck with the other solutions posted in this thread, but the solution in this thread did the trick. I added 'ebr()' to my repositories.