grails 2.0.3 - i18n properties files not reloading from inline-plugin in dev mode

tak

grails 2.0.3 - i18n properties files not reloading from inline-plugin in dev mode

tak
Hello,
   We've made extensive use of the inline-plugin model and many of our inline plugins have their own i18n resource bundles.

In grails 1.3.7 run-app, we were able to make changes to the inline-plugin's i18n messages bundles and have those changes automatically picked up by the running app.  In 2.0.3, this is not the case.  We can dynamically change the i18n property files in the container's message bundle, but  any changes we make to the inline-plugin message bundles require a server restart to view.

very painful

here's an example github project for a grails2.0.3 install

https://github.com/mtakacs/bugdemo-grails-i18n-reload

you should be able to see the issue in a few commands:

> git clone git@github.com:mtakacs/bugdemo-grails-i18n-reload.git
> cd bugdemo-grails-i18n-reload/bugdemo
> grails run-app
> follow the instructions on the main page (modify the property files.., reload)

I thought I saw a post describing this back when grails2.0.x first came out, but I cant find it now.

Is there a settings I can tweak?  Or do I need to have my plugin register for change events somehow?  Either way, I dont see anything in the docs about it: http://grails.org/doc/2.0.3/guide/i18n.html

Should I file a JIRA?

-tak

tak

Re: grails 2.0.3 - i18n properties files not reloading from inline-plugin in dev mode

tak