Quantcast

grails app with no datasource

Marcus Irven

How do I configure a grails app with no datasource?  Do I just delete DataSource.groovy?

Thanks,
Marcus

Re: grails app with no datasource

edward.young
Do you mean no *persistant* datasource?

If that's what you mean, you can leave the three sections in DataSource.groovy so that they use the in memory datasource.

Ed

Ed

Re: grails app with no datasource

peter_m
In 0.6 you can simply delete the DataSource.groovy file and it'll
still run. Controllers and services are not affected.

On 11/14/07, Marcus Irven <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I mean no datasource at all, my app is a front end for another application
> and uses web services only for persistence.
>

> On 11/13/07, Ed < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Do you mean no *persistant* datasource?
> >
> > If that's what you mean, you can leave the three sections in
> DataSource.groovy so that they use the in memory datasource.
> >

> > On Nov 13, 2007 8:19 AM, Marcus Irven < [hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > > How do I configure a grails app with no datasource?  Do I just delete
> DataSource.groovy?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Marcus
> >

> > --
> > Ed

Re: grails app with no datasource

Philip Shore
Peter Mondlock wrote
In 0.6 you can simply delete the DataSource.groovy file and it'll
still run. Controllers and services are not affected.
In my 1.0rc1 app I just deleted most of the content of DataSource.groovy leaving just:

dataSource {
}

This works for run-app and also the generated war but test-app fails so you at least need the in memory database specified for the test environment.
See this bug I entered recently: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-1822

Phil.