grails.bat via Runtime.exec()

Steven Devijver
Hey,

I'm trying to run grails.bat via Runtime.exec(). The only output I get
is this mysterious message:

ExitValue: 255
ERROR>Files was unexpected at this time.

Any ideas how I might get it working?

Thanks

Steven

Re: grails.bat via Runtime.exec()

Guillaume Laforge-2
Out of curiosity, why do you want to run it through Runtime.exec()?

On 10/9/07, Steven Devijver <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to run grails.bat via Runtime.exec(). The only output I get
> is this mysterious message:
>
> ExitValue: 255
> ERROR>Files was unexpected at this time.
>
> Any ideas how I might get it working?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steven

Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: grails.bat via Runtime.exec()

Steven Devijver
That's a surprise for next week ;-)

On 10/9/07, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why do you want to run it through Runtime.exec()?
>
> On 10/9/07, Steven Devijver <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm trying to run grails.bat via Runtime.exec(). The only output I get
> > is this mysterious message:
> >
> > ExitValue: 255
> > ERROR>Files was unexpected at this time.
> >
> > Any ideas how I might get it working?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Steven

> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy

Re: grails.bat via Runtime.exec()

Guillaume Laforge-2
Surprise or not, I'm not sure it's the best solution for integrating
Grails in some other project.
My colleagues have done some work around Maven integration, and
FitNesse integration, and they're using Grails' gant scripts or
bootstrapping code directly, rather than relying on such a brittle bat
file -- which would make your solution Windows-only anyway.