[grails-dev] Grails Scaffolding & Logging

[grails-dev] Grails Scaffolding & Logging

graemer
Please see my proposals for scaffolding:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-17

And logging:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-16

And give me your thoughts!

RE: [grails-dev] Grails Scaffolding & Logging

Dierk König
Cool, especially the scaffolding. That's a killer feature.

I'm not sure about logging since the core Groovy means should
be sufficient as soon as they are done. We also have jdk1.4 and
can use its logging facility.

A major concern I still have is error reporting for e.g.
groovy syntax error while developing.
Trails can use the excellent Tapestry mechanism for that...

cheers
Mittie

See my proposal for an in browser error view for this:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-9

> cheers
> Mittie

Guillaume Laforge-2
> Please see my proposals for scaffolding:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-17
>
> And logging:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS-16
>
> And give me your thoughts!

After the discussion we've had today on GoogleTalk about customizing
the scaffolding (like changing the order of fields, the size of a text
field of whatever), Graeme, you came across to a syntax like that:

@Property scaffold = {
        this.login.order = 1
        this.password.order = 2
        this.password.fieldType = "password"
        this.someField.editable = false
}

As per my comment on the JIRA issue about validation and erros, I
think it could be improved again by using a closure / builder syntax
like the following one:

@Property scaffold = {
    login()
    password(fieldType: "password")
    someField(editable: false)
}

No more ugly "this.", no need to define manually the order of the
fields with integers, and all related properties are passed as a map
argument. It's also a bit more convice and remove some useless
repetition.

--
Guillaume Laforge
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy