grails.gorm.default.mapping documentation missing

grails.gorm.default.mapping documentation missing

rosenfeld
Hello, today I've decided to completely disable the "version" column
from all my domain classes. While searching the Internet, I've found the
grails.gorm.default.mapping option.

But I couldn't find it in the official documentation, although it worked
for me.

Is there any specific reason why this option is not documented. I mean,
is it a feature that is planned to be removed or something like that?

If not, I could document it myself, but I'm not sure what would be the
proper place in the documentation for doing so.

Could someone please guide me?

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

Re: grails.gorm.default.mapping documentation missing

Steven Grossman
I've seen it documented in the quick reference: http://grails.org/doc/2.0.x/ref/Database%20Mapping/Usage.html

Em 15-03-2012 11:12, sgrossman escreveu:
> I've seen it documented in the quick reference:
> http://grails.org/doc/2.0.x/ref/Database%20Mapping/Usage.html

Ah, ok, thank you! Didn't noticed there before :)

Re: grails.gorm.default.mapping documentation missing

pledbrook
> I've seen it documented in the quick reference:
> http://grails.org/doc/2.0.x/ref/Database%20Mapping/Usage.html

But it should also be added here:

    http://grails.org/doc/latest/guide/GORM.html#ormdsl

just before section 5.5.2.1.

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate

https://github.com/pledbrook/grails-doc/commit/89df10b471b813c70f765e80d6331d4232ba8816

Re: grails.gorm.default.mapping documentation missing

pledbrook
> just before section 5.5.2.1.
>
> How about this?
>
> https://github.com/pledbrook/grails-doc/commit/89df10b471b813c70f765e80d6331d4232ba8816

Thanks. I've added a couple of more sentences to explain that the
defaults apply to all domain classes (best to be explicit about these
things) and that you can override the defaults in the mapping block of
a domain class.

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook