[grails-user] filterable, sortable, pageable table

[grails-user] filterable, sortable, pageable table

Jonathan Carlson
Has anyone created (or started creating) a filterable/sortable/pageable
table component?

I'm wondering how best to attack the issue.  It seems like you'd need
some GSP tags for the view and a helper component for the controller.

Ideally, the filtering would happen in the query, and not after all the
data in the table has been returned.

Thanks,

- Jonathan

the system manager.

Katun Corporation -- www.katun.com

Re: [grails-user] filterable, sortable, pageable table

graemer
There is already a 'paginate' tag in the tag library that works with
the scaffolded version of the 'list' action. In fact thanks for
reminding me cause i need to add it to the scaffolded list GSP.

essentially it goes like this:

<g:paginate total="${Book.count()}" />

It then creates the necessary next/previous, breadcrumb trails etc. links.

The list() method also includes all the arguments necessary to do
pagination and sorting:

http://grails.org/DomainClass+Dynamic+Methods#DomainClassDynamicMethods-list

Filtering would probably need criteria

Graeme