[grails-user] sample

Bing Ran

Hi,

I’m following the “get started” from the web documents. Two problems:

1.       The initial sample book data is created in the MyAppBootStrap class in the init() closure, but is not shown. I can manually created the data in the BookController.list and they get displayed.

2.       The application does not pick up changes in the BookController.groovy. I have to restart the server to see it. Can this be configured?

Thanks

Bing

Re: [grails-user] sample

graemer
On 10/11/05, Bing Ran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm following the "get started" from the web documents. Two problems:
>

> 1.       The initial sample book data is created in the MyAppBootStrap class
> in the init() closure, but is not shown. I can manually created the data in
> the BookController.list and they get displayed.

Hi Bing, yes I'm aware of this problem it has something to do with the
in-memory HSQLDB being reset as it works when run against a real
database (like MySQL or an HSQLDB disk stored database). I will get
round to looking at it, it is just quite low on the priority list
right now.

> 2.       The application does not pick up changes in the
> BookController.groovy. I have to restart the server to see it. Can this be
> configured?

At the moment we havn't implemented auto-reloading of the application
upon file changes. We see this as a crucial feature and it is on the
roadmap.. so you will be able to do this when we're ready to release
the first distribution of Grails

Thanks for your interest!
Graeme