how to change 1.3.7 built-in tomcat port

how to change 1.3.7 built-in tomcat port

rajatlr
Hi,
   Lately I was using jetty 1.3.6 , created wars and deployed in the tomcat server installed in my machine. Now upgraded to 1.3.7 which has built-in tomcat and works fine. Now I want to change the port of this built-in instance so that I can still deploy created wars in my old tomcat on 8080.

Thanks.

Re: how to change 1.3.7 built-in tomcat port

rajatlr
Also, I want to make it permanent like with scripts/Init.groovy in 1.3.6.

Thanks.

Re: how to change 1.3.7 built-in tomcat port

Steve Tekell
grails -Dserver.port=8081 run-app

I recommend just adding that port param into your IDE's run configs per project rather than trying to alter it permanently to one port number for all your grails apps.  You may end up with several grails apps that you want to run at once in dev mode (think SOA), and running each on different ports is an easy way to do that.

Re: how to change 1.3.7 built-in tomcat port

pledbrook
> grails -Dserver.port=8081 run-app

You can also set the port in BuildConfig.groovy (on a per-project
basis) or in ~/.settings.groovy (for all Grails projects):

    grails.server.port.http = 9091

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook