how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

corey_s

I'm seeing this everytime I start my app:

INFO  utils.UpdateChecker  - New update(s) found: 1.8.4 [http://www.terracotta.org/kit/reflector?kitID=default&pageID=QuartzChangeLog]

Minor, but annoying - especially because I don't know what's causing
it, or how to suppress or disable it.

Thanks!


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
I suggest you ask the Terracotta list since the problem is caused by
Terracotta not Grails

Cheers

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Corey <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> I'm seeing this everytime I start my app:
>
> INFO  utils.UpdateChecker  - New update(s) found: 1.8.4 [http://www.terracotta.org/kit/reflector?kitID=default&pageID=QuartzChangeLog]
>
> Minor, but annoying - especially because I don't know what's causing
> it, or how to suppress or disable it.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>
>



--
Graeme Rocher
Grails Project Lead
SpringSource - A Division of VMware
http://www.springsource.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

lucastex
Just set org.quartz.scheduler.skipUpdateCheck property to true in your quartz config.

Check quartz config options http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/docs/configuration/ConfigMain.html

[]s,


Lucas Frare Teixeira .·.
- [hidden email]
- lucastex.com.br
- blog.lucastex.com
- twitter.com/lucastex


On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
I suggest you ask the Terracotta list since the problem is caused by
Terracotta not Grails

Cheers

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Corey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm seeing this everytime I start my app:
>
> INFO  utils.UpdateChecker  - New update(s) found: 1.8.4 [http://www.terracotta.org/kit/reflector?kitID=default&pageID=QuartzChangeLog]
>
> Minor, but annoying - especially because I don't know what's causing
> it, or how to suppress or disable it.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>
>



--
Graeme Rocher
Grails Project Lead
SpringSource - A Division of VMware
http://www.springsource.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

Sergey Nebolsin
Also it is disabled by default in grails-quartz 1.0-RC.

Cheers

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 14:33, Lucas F. A. Teixeira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just set org.quartz.scheduler.skipUpdateCheck property to true in your quartz config.

Check quartz config options http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/docs/configuration/ConfigMain.html

[]s,


Lucas Frare Teixeira .·.
- [hidden email]
- lucastex.com.br
- blog.lucastex.com
- twitter.com/lucastex



On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
I suggest you ask the Terracotta list since the problem is caused by
Terracotta not Grails

Cheers

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Corey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm seeing this everytime I start my app:
>
> INFO  utils.UpdateChecker  - New update(s) found: 1.8.4 [http://www.terracotta.org/kit/reflector?kitID=default&pageID=QuartzChangeLog]
>
> Minor, but annoying - especially because I don't know what's causing
> it, or how to suppress or disable it.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>
>



--
Graeme Rocher
Grails Project Lead
SpringSource - A Division of VMware
http://www.springsource.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email






--
Sergey Nebolsin
CTO at Prophotos.ru, Bestphotographer.ru and Fotoshkola.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

corey_s
In reply to this post by lucastex
On Monday 07 February 2011 4:33:40 Lucas F. A. Teixeira wrote:
> Just set org.quartz.scheduler.skipUpdateCheck property to true in your
> quartz config.
>

Thanks for the heads up - unfortunately doesn't work with
grails-quartz 0.4.2 - which depends on  quartz-1.7.3 - which
does not support the skipUpdateCheck property...

On Monday 07 February 2011 7:40:58 Sergey Nebolsin wrote:
> Also it is disabled by default in grails-quartz 1.0-RC.
>

$ grails plugin-info quartz
...
Name: quartz    | Latest release: 0.4.2
...

What's the correct method for installed grails-quartz 1.0-RC?


Thanks!


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

Sergey Nebolsin
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 00:58, Corey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Monday 07 February 2011 7:40:58 Sergey Nebolsin wrote:
> Also it is disabled by default in grails-quartz 1.0-RC.
>

$ grails plugin-info quartz
...
Name: quartz    | Latest release: 0.4.2
...

What's the correct method for installed grails-quartz 1.0-RC?

Unfortunately, grails-quartz 1.0 is not yet released, so it's not present in the central Grails Plugins repository.

But you can install the latest snapshot using `grails install-plugin <a href="https://github.com/downloads/nebolsin/grails-quartz/grails-quartz-1.0-SNAPSHOT-469c6c7.zip`">https://github.com/downloads/nebolsin/grails-quartz/grails-quartz-1.0-SNAPSHOT-469c6c7.zip`.

Cheers

--
Sergey Nebolsin
CTO at Prophotos.ru, Bestphotographer.ru and Fotoshkola.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

Martijn Thieme
Hi Sergey, 

Could you elaborate a bit about the roadmap for Quartz plugin version 1.0? What kind of tasks still need to be resolved before 1.0 is considered "done"? When do you expect this to be ready?

  Cheers,
  Martijn

From: Sergey Nebolsin <[hidden email]>
Reply-To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:13:33 +0100
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [grails-user] how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 00:58, Corey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Monday 07 February 2011 7:40:58 Sergey Nebolsin wrote:
> Also it is disabled by default in grails-quartz 1.0-RC.
>

$ grails plugin-info quartz
...
Name: quartz    | Latest release: 0.4.2
...

What's the correct method for installed grails-quartz 1.0-RC?

Unfortunately, grails-quartz 1.0 is not yet released, so it's not present in the central Grails Plugins repository.

But you can install the latest snapshot using `grails install-plugin <a href="https://github.com/downloads/nebolsin/grails-quartz/grails-quartz-1.0-SNAPSHOT-469c6c7.zip`">https://github.com/downloads/nebolsin/grails-quartz/grails-quartz-1.0-SNAPSHOT-469c6c7.zip`.

Cheers

--
Sergey Nebolsin
CTO at Prophotos.ru, Bestphotographer.ru and Fotoshkola.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

Sergey Nebolsin
Hi Martijn.

There are still several issues which need to be resolved: http://goo.gl/ocspL and https://github.com/nebolsin/grails-quartz/issues#list.

Also we'll need to test the new version on the real projects since there was a massive internal API change.

I cannot say anything about the expected timeline since I rarely have a spare time to work on the plugin. Patches and pull requests will be greatly appreciated, of course :)

Cheers

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 13:22, Martijn Thieme <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sergey, 

Could you elaborate a bit about the roadmap for Quartz plugin version 1.0? What kind of tasks still need to be resolved before 1.0 is considered "done"? When do you expect this to be ready?

  Cheers,
  Martijn

From: Sergey Nebolsin <[hidden email]>
Reply-To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:13:33 +0100
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [grails-user] how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 00:58, Corey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Monday 07 February 2011 7:40:58 Sergey Nebolsin wrote:
> Also it is disabled by default in grails-quartz 1.0-RC.
>

$ grails plugin-info quartz
...
Name: quartz    | Latest release: 0.4.2
...

What's the correct method for installed grails-quartz 1.0-RC?

Unfortunately, grails-quartz 1.0 is not yet released, so it's not present in the central Grails Plugins repository.

But you can install the latest snapshot using `grails install-plugin https://github.com/downloads/nebolsin/grails-quartz/grails-quartz-1.0-SNAPSHOT-469c6c7.zip`.

Cheers

--
Sergey Nebolsin
CTO at Prophotos.ru, Bestphotographer.ru and Fotoshkola.net



--
Sergey Nebolsin
CTO at Prophotos.ru, Bestphotographer.ru and Fotoshkola.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to distable utils.UpdateChecker - New updates

corey_s
In reply to this post by Sergey Nebolsin
On Tuesday 08 February 2011 3:13:33 Sergey Nebolsin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 00:58, Corey <[hidden email]> wrote:
<snip>
> > What's the correct method for installed grails-quartz 1.0-RC?
>
> Unfortunately, grails-quartz 1.0 is not yet released, so it's not present in
> the central Grails Plugins repository.
>
> But you can install the latest snapshot using `grails install-plugin
> https://github.com/downloads/nebolsin/grails-quartz/grails-quartz-1.0-SNAPSHOT-469c6c7.zip`
>

Most excellent - thanks for the pointer!

I'll test the latest snapshot on one of my larger apps soon as I'm
able.


Cheers


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email