how to render textarea using grails field plugin

how to render textarea using grails field plugin

chichibek bros
hi group, i was trying to render a textarea field using grails field plugin, iin my domain class i have this a snippet of my domain class

String name
    String department
    String type = 'Autorizado'
    String description
    Boolean enabled = true
    Date dateCreated
    Date lastUpdated

    static constraints = {
        description nullable:true, maxSize:10000

Re: how to render textarea using grails field plugin

chichibek bros
sorry to send previus message!

The real question is

how to render a textarea using grails field plugin

this is a snippet of my domain class

    String description

    static constraints = {
        description nullable:true, maxSize:10000
    }

when it come to the view i get a input:text field and i need a textarea field

thanks for your ideas!

2012/11/6 chichibek bros <[hidden email]>
hi group, i was trying to render a textarea field using grails field plugin, iin my domain class i have this a snippet of my domain class

String name
    String department
    String type = 'Autorizado'
    String description
    Boolean enabled = true
    Date dateCreated
    Date lastUpdated

    static constraints = {
        description nullable:true, maxSize:10000

Re: how to render textarea using grails field plugin

Nathan Wells
I'm guessing the fields plugin (wisely?) doesn't follow Grails' lead on rendering a textarea based solely on a fieldsize constraint. Read these docs for how to customize rendering for a particular field:

Nathan Wells